Tim Tebow signs with the Jags - RELEASED

Blackstar12

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Fair, but even if they have him in the room for QB meetings and stuff just to instill how to be a pro in Trevor and be a vet to ask questions to related to off-field transition to the NFL should have value. 

Granted I am not saying the impact is going to be massive. Just that he is a good guy to have around. 

Is there really anything to that end that he can offer up that someone like C.J. Beathard isn’t going to be able to? Beathard and Trevor already have a relationship and have spent time together, so there shouldn’t be any concerns that they won’t connect or something. 

Everything he did last offseason would leave no doubt that he’s ready to do all the off the field leadership stuff. His wife has a degree in communications with a focus in public relations, so she’s probably as good of a reference point for how to deal with the media as Tebow is going to be. Everything else really seems like something any veteran QB would be able to advise on.

1 minute ago, pwny said:

Is there really anything to that end that he can offer up that someone like C.J. Beathard isn’t going to be able to? Beathard and Trevor already have a relationship and have spent time together, so there shouldn’t be any concerns that they won’t connect or something. 

Everything he did last offseason would leave no doubt that he’s ready to do all the off the field leadership stuff. His wife has a degree in communications with a focus in public relations, so she’s probably as good of a reference point for how to deal with the media as Tebow is going to be. Everything else really seems like something any veteran QB would be able to advise on.

I feel like the more I am quoted the more my opinion gets inflated by me and everyone else lol

He is a good guy to have in the locker room. That's it. Small nice thing to have. 

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I feel like the more I am quoted the more my opinion gets inflated by me and everyone else lol

He is a good guy to have in the locker room. That's it. Small nice thing to have. 

That’s the power of the Tebow effect for ya. You end up defending a position you don’t really care about. 

Yeah, assuming that the concept of his presence doesn’t breed resentment and other issues, or provide a negative distraction, it probably won’t be a bad thing that he’s in camp. I don’t know if his skills in those areas really provide anything of discernible value from the role he’ll be in, but there’s worse things to have than a calm guy who’s been around the block. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Former QB1 who produced like an average QB2, signed for TE3 money.

You might be able to derail a Rodgers thread with that kind of talk, but it will NEVER be a threat to a Tebow thread!  :P

8 minutes ago, pwny said:

That’s the power of the Tebow effect for ya. You end up defending a position you don’t really care about.

It's not a Tebow thing, it's a footballfuture thing where some people will run crazy with misinterpretations and someone will get sucked into defending a non-controversial statement because it gets so twisted by select posters.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It's not a Tebow thing, it's a footballfuture thing where some people will run crazy with misinterpretations and someone will get sucked into defending a non-controversial statement because it gets so twisted by select posters.

Aka the first Tebow thread, home of 35+ pages.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Are you saying you think Tebow is better than half of the starting QBs in the league currently?

Ya know, it's funny you bring that up because,,,,,,

• Like 1

I will bite:

• If the 2016 Raiders had Tebow instead of Connor Cook, they would have had a chance vs Houston.
    • They lost to the brain trust of BOB and Osweiler
      • Cook was 18-45 161 1 3 30.0 in an actual playoff game
  • If the 2017 Bills had Tebow instead of Peterman, they would have had a better chance.
  • If the 2017 Packers had Tebow instead of Hundley, they still miss the playoffs but could have been 8-8 or 9-7.
  • If the 2020 Broncos had Tebow they would have had a better chance against the Saints (or would have lost by 17 instead of 27)
  • I'm not sure how much it would have helped the 2017 Browns to be 3-13 or 4-12 instead of 0-16 but Tebow instead of Kizer would have been a big upgrade.

You can find lots of examples of putrid QB play by joke NFL players that Tebow would rise above.

I guess its a good idea to have a backup move TE / FB / H-back who can also be an emergency 3rd or 4th QB in case of tragedy.

Can he block at all as an NFL TE?  If only they had some system of practicing and playing practice games to find out!

36 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I won't have to imagine doing it.  I WILL be doing it.  Pittsburgh wasn't laughing like that after their playoff game with the Broncos.

I honestly might get a Tebow #15 jersey even though he's wearing #85

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

I will bite:

• If the 2016 Raiders had Tebow instead of Connor Cook, they would have had a chance vs Houston.
    • They lost to the brain trust of BOB and Osweiler
      • Cook was 18-45 161 1 3 30.0 in an actual playoff game

If the Raiders drafted Dak Prescott #100 instead of Connor Cook we probably would've won the Super Bowl in 2016.