Tim Tebow signs with the Jags - RELEASED

Blackstar12

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I honestly might get a Tebow #15 jersey even though he's wearing #85

giphy.gif

Yeah, I was kind of hoping he would be wearing #15 too, but forgot that Minshew is still on the team and he has #15.  Oh well.  Either way, this will be the first jersey I've ever bought in my 56 trips around the sun so far.

This is clearly a business move and not a football field move. And it's good business. It will separate money from devout fans into the franchise's bank account exactly as intended.

It's never bad business to drum up attention like this. Jags are going all-in on business growth and this was a little tasty nugget to add to that portfolio. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

giphy.gif

Yeah, I was kind of hoping he would be wearing #15 too, but forgot that Minshew is still on the team and he has #15.  Oh well.  Either way, this will be the first jersey I've ever bought in my 56 trips around the sun so far.

rUjRoKv.png

• Like 3

5 hours ago, incognito_man said:

This is clearly a business move and not a football field move. And it's good business. It will separate money from devout fans into the franchise's bank account exactly as intended.

It's never bad business to drum up attention like this. Jags are going all-in on business growth and this was a little tasty nugget to add to that portfolio. 

Yeah even if Tebow doesn't make the roster you have to assume their preseason games will be must see TV. For a franchise that hasn't really been relevant in the national media in a while, drafting Lawerence, hiring Meyer, and signing Tebow makes them one of the most intriguing teams to watch this year. 

• Like 2

So according to Albert Breer, Urban knew he was biased towards Tim and had Darrell Bevell (OC) and Tyler Bowen (TE Coach) run the multiple workouts they had with Tebow, and it was those two saying how much they liked his growth between workouts and believing he had a shot to be capable of developing into a player who could make the 53 man roster that got him the camp invite.

That adds a new little wrinkle to this. We knew Urban wasn’t going to the workouts, but didn’t know that it was apparently because he didn’t want his bias to be what drove the decision making. That’s… interesting. 

25 minutes ago, pwny said:

So according to Albert Breer, Urban knew he was biased towards Tim and had Darrell Bevell (OC) and Tyler Bowen (TE Coach) run the multiple workouts they had with Tebow, and it was those two saying how much they liked his growth between workouts and believing he had a shot to be capable of developing into a player who could make the 53 man roster that got him the camp invite.

That adds a new little wrinkle to this. We knew Urban wasn’t going to the workouts, but didn’t know that it was apparently because he didn’t want his bias to be what drove the decision making. That’s… interesting. 

Good for Tebow. I hope he succeeds and think it's awesome he got another chance at the league.

If he's not good enough to make the team, he will be cut and the Tebow haters will get to say "I told you so". If he makes the team, it's an awesome story and the fan base can add further excitement to an already exciting time with a local guy. 

18 hours ago, incognito_man said:

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I don't know why we should even bother with playing out the season.  Lets just save everyone a lot of time and give the Jacksonville the Lombardi trophy now.  

Please don't be hyperbolic. We want to actually watch Tim dominate all the games on the way to the championship, not just give him the trophy smdh.

31 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Please don't be hyperbolic. We want to actually watch Tim dominate all the games on the way to the championship, not just give him the trophy smdh.

Oh I didn't consider that.  Well lets just play Jacksonville games this year then and only offensive downs unless Tebow is going to play defense too?  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Oh I didn't consider that.  Well lets just play Jacksonville games this year then and only offensive downs unless Tebow is going to play defense too?  

Bro don't be rude. Tebow is a TE and anyone who says he needs to switch to MLB to extend his career just doesn't understand the kind of person Tim is. He has trained all this time to play TIGHT END in the NFL. Take it or leave it smdh.

• Like 2