Tim Tebow signs with the Jags - RELEASED

Blackstar12

54 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, name the 3rd TE on any team that isn’t yours. Even on yours, He’s probably a replacement level guy who is relatively okay to good as a blocker and very forgettable as a pass catcher.

I guarantee you Josh Oliver or any TE the Ravens have employed in the last 4 years can do better than this:

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, name the 3rd TE on any team that isn’t yours. Even on yours, He’s probably a replacement level guy who is relatively okay to good as a blocker and very forgettable as a pass catcher.

on thje top of my head?

Asiasi/LaCosse on the Patriots.

Degura on the Pack.

Stocker/Firkser on the Titans

Kroft/Griffin on the Jets

Luke Farrell on the Jags.

Richard Rogers on the Eagles

uh thats about it. did i do good?

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I guarantee you Josh Oliver or any TE the Ravens have employed in the last 4 years can do better than this:

I'm not sure why y'all get so worked up over Tebow. He's a dude who has been out of football for years learning a new position. It's not surprising that he's having struggles in his first game. Hell, I could find good TEs getting shed like that by a DE. So yeah, it doesn't surprise me to see it happen to Tebow. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'm not sure why y'all get so worked up over Tebow. He's a dude who has been out of football for years learning a new position. It's not surprising that he's having struggles in his first game. Hell, I could find good TEs getting shed like that by a DE. So yeah, it doesn't surprise me to see it happen to Tebow. 

I'm not sure why people think Tebow is relevant enough to talk about at all tbh

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It's almost like a 34 year old who hasn't played football in eight years... with zero experience at the position... can't suddenly be effective at the basic execution of said position.

A shocking revelation. I'm shocked.

• Like 2

When Tebow first signed with the Jags, I truly thought Urban was going to utilize Tebow like he did his freshmen year at UF. Basically just wildcat/shirt yardage stuff. Also thought he would be used on the punt team similar to how the Jets used him.

Every camp practice I’ve attended, Tebow was strictly used as a TE. He’s done little STs in camp and took zero snaps on ST in the first preseason game.

I’m kind of confused at the thought process of how they are utilizing Tebow. I think there would’ve been less blowback if they said we are signing him to play a short-yardage/HBack role that will be cross-trained at TE throughout camp. But what do I know?