Tim Tebow signs with the Jags - RELEASED

Blackstar12

9 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Man, wait til Shad and Urban find out about this. 

Jerseys are selling for $120. Nike’s portion to recover for manufacturing and profit is reasonably 33%, or $40. Fanatics takes a cut of revenue, but I have no idea how much. I‘ll put theirs in with the 33% for Nike. That should be reasonable. The pool for the players gets 48% of league revenue. So off of the $80 left over, that’s $38.40 to the pool for the players. Leaving 41.60 for the league. Split thirty-two ways, the Jaguars are gonna make like a $1.30 per jersey. Scale that up even to $1.90 if you think I’m way off in my cut for Nike+Fanatics and think they get absolutely nothing. 

I can’t imagine the number of jerseys that Tebow might sell will come close to making this a worthy use of time if it was solely a cash grab.

EDIT: as mentioned below, the Cowboys don’t revenue share merchandise sales. Bump that up to $1.34 per jersey. 

• Like 1

He is a superior athlete. He is a better athlete at 33 than many NFL TEs at 25.

He was a 5.0+ ypc runner in the actual NFL. There are maybe 30 or 40 of those guys in NFL History.

• Bo Jackson was one of them. Jim Brown is another. Ever heard of Barry Sanders? Randall Cunningham? Michael Vick?
  • That does not mean he is like those guys, just that his actual NFL production as a runner was elite beyond any doubt.

The impotent rage against Tebow is coming from pure 100% ignorance.

If you can bring in a 24 year old basketball player then you can bring in a 33 year old Heisman winner, who ran for 5.0 a pop and won an NFL playoff game.

Anyone who thought he should have done this at age 26 and thinks 33 is old?

• Brady is 43 and top 5 at his position.
  • Andrew Whitworth will be 40 in December.
  • 33 is young. 33 without any NFL collisions on your body in the last 7 years is very young.
  • 33 is old if you are a mediocre talent who needs to be at the full 100% peak of your vitality at age 23-26 just to even have a chance to compete in the NFL
    • Tebow is not that type of disposable player even if it hurts your feelings
Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 2

Just now, SkippyX said:

He was a 5.0+ ypc runner in the actual NFL. There are maybe 30 of those guys in NFL History.

• Bo Jackson was one of them. Jim Brown is another. Ever heard of Barry Sanders? Randall Cunningham? Michael Vick?
  • That does not mean he is like those guys, just that his actual NFL production as a runner was elite beyond any doubt.

If you can bring in a 24 year old basketball player then you can bring in a 33 year old Heisman winner, who ran for 5.0 a pop and won an NFL playoff game.

• 33 is young. 33 without any NFL collisions on your body in the last 7 years is very young.
  • 33 is old if you are a mediocre talent who needs to be at the full 100% peak of your vitality at age 23-26 just to even have a chance to compete in the NFL

Lol oh my

Comparing Tim friggin Tebow to bo Jackson 😂

And I get crap for saying Devin Funchess used to be the top target in Carolina. What a world.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

He was a 5.0+ ypc runner in the actual NFL. There are maybe 30 or 40 of those guys in NFL History.

Dave Chappelle Wow GIF

• Like 2