Tim Tebow signs with the Jags - RELEASED

Blackstar12

Just now, pwny said:

Last thread had the anti-Tebow crowd going into a fervor. Early indications are the pro-Tebow crowd will do it this thread.

Please stop hyping up a camp body TE. I can’t do another 30 pages where I slightly shift the angle of my argument that it doesn’t matter to instead combat the idea that he’s going to be great. How will I ever continue to treat Urban as my first born son if I have to talk town the value Tebow adds? Please think of me in this time. Please.

What are the overall ramifications that it's going to cause a locker room rift and/or personal rift if Urban Meyer doesn't cut his neighbor as opposed to if he cuts his neighbor? Feel free to post a chart or graph with the risk vs. reward equivalency.

1 hour ago, pwny said:

Gotta say, given the fact that all online sales profits go into a pool and are divided evenly between the 32 teams, this is a terribly ineffective cash grab. 

*31 teams. Fun fact: the Cowboys are not part of the merch sales sharing that the 31 other teams are.

• Like 1

Just now, minutemancl said:

*31 teams. Fun fact: the Cowboys are not part of the merch sales sharing that the 31 other teams are.

I remember that being a thing that Jerry was worried about and when I went looking for info on the exact way merch revenue was split when making my follow up post, the Cowboys’ issue with revenue sharing was mentioned a couple times, but I couldn’t find an actual resolution with how that actually played out. They’re fully outside of the merch splits now?

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

I remember that being a thing that Jerry was worried about and when I went looking for info on the exact way merch revenue was split when making my follow up post, the Cowboys’ issue with revenue sharing was mentioned a couple times, but I couldn’t find an actual resolution with how that actually played out. They’re fully outside of the merch splits now?

I read an article a few years ago that said they were outside of it. Unless something has changed, which is totally possible, I'm assuming they are still separate.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Lol oh my

Comparing Tim friggin Tebow to bo Jackson 😂

And I get crap for saying Devin Funchess used to be the top target in Carolina. What a world.

Agree wholeheartedly: Tim isn't made of glass like Bo.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

What are the overall ramifications that it's going to cause a locker room rift and/or personal rift if Urban Meyer doesn't cut his neighbor as opposed to if he cuts his neighbor? Feel free to post a chart or graph with the risk vs. reward equivalency.

I know you’re being a smart ***. But I will give somewhat of an answer.

Apparently someone on the coaching staff or front office (I’m not sure which) was concerned about the signing for that reason; worried about the way the signing itself was going to be viewed by players. From my understanding, after that concern was levied, I guess they had everyone watch Tebow in another workout. And then (and this part forward is verified), had everyone then watch Luke Farrell at camp so that there would be a comparison point to judge him against, as Farrell is (and this is embarrassing) probably the best candidate on the roster for the F TE spot. Then they got together Sunday and discussed the concerns everyone had. Apparently they’ve been discussing and mulling over it the last half week.

So either Urban went over everyone’s head and did something in spite of voiced concerns (which wouldn’t be below him) or the staff is pretty much on the same page that it’s not going to cause any issue that they can’t handle. We’ll see.

Jokes aside, I feel like Tebow is a good guy to have in a locker room. I know there are concerns with his layoff and age and position change but this signing is probably worth it for the character infusion alone, especially with a new pro QB future of franchise guy coming in, having Tebow there is wonderful. If he can't make the roster, he probably will still have a positive off the field impact on the team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Jokes aside, I feel like Tebow is a good guy to have in a locker room. I know there are concerns with his layoff and age and position change but this signing is probably worth it for the character infusion alone, especially with a new pro QB future of franchise guy coming in, having Tebow there is wonderful. If he can't make the roster, he probably will still have a positive off the field impact on the team. 

yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh I don't know if I buy this