Madden 22

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Hows the MUT mode? Somebody told me that 2k did something to help the 'pay to win' players not get in the way of the grinders. Wonder if EA did anything similar?

I am extremely on the fence right now about getting it. I want it, but I know its going to be bad......but I still want it.

Its fooball season, I just want to play a football game but I know the one thats out there sucks. So what do I do lol

I have never once tried MUT. In any Madden. Ever. You’re asking the wrong person.

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Hows the MUT mode? Somebody told me that 2k did something to help the 'pay to win' players not get in the way of the grinders. Wonder if EA did anything similar?

MUT has always been pay-2-win if you're doing it with the goal of competing against other players. Other people will dump thousands of dollars into MUT to get the best cards, and streamers/content creators get them for free. However, you can do it to just play the game yourself and still have a VERY good team without spending any coins. 

I've started playing MUT the past few years (I won't this year because I'm not touching this game) and have found doing Solo Battles the best way to earn coins every week to build your team. 

I am extremely on the fence right now about getting it. I want it, but I know its going to be bad......but I still want it.

Its fooball season, I just want to play a football game but I know the one thats out there sucks. So what do I do lol

If you want it just for football season, do yourself a favor and just get Origin with EA PLus or whatever. You pay $15/month for like 3 months or even 4 months and not only do you get Madden, you get every other game there as well. It's MUCH better than buying Madden itself.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

3 hours ago, MDY10 said:

Has there not been a roster update? Usually it’s every Wednesday every year but I haven’t gotten anything and can’t find anything online. 

It’s nice to see everyone here is tired of this game too. I have it for ps5 and it’s a small improvement but.. a long way to go after playing 2k22 The other day. Really hope they get it together now that other football games are coming out. 

Right lol after playing 2K22, it is even crazier to me that there was actually a discussion on which sports game is better.  They ain't even competing in the same league.  

And this is from someone who has actually enjoyed the recent Madden, but it is only enjoyable once you accept it for what it is.  2K is so, so far ahead.  But I've kind of accepted that is a level EA has no interest of being on.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

MUT has always been pay-2-win if you're doing it with the goal of competing against other players. Other people will dump thousands of dollars into MUT to get the best cards, and streamers/content creators get them for free. However, you can do it to just play the game yourself and still have a VERY good team without spending any coins. 

I've started playing MUT the past few years (I won't this year because I'm not touching this game) and have found doing Solo Battles the best way to earn coins every week to build your team. 

If you want it just for football season, do yourself a favor and just get Origin with EA PLus or whatever. You pay $15/month for like 3 months or even 4 months and not only do you get Madden, you get every other game there as well. It's MUCH better than buying Madden itself.

Thats a good point. 4 months I will be tired of Madden anyways but at least in the mean time I can play some NFS or something.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Thats a good point. 4 months I will be tired of Madden anyways but at least in the mean time I can play some NFS or something.

Yeah usually if I get a football itch I login for 30 minutes, remember this game is garbage, then log off and go play something else. Orgin+ gives me all of the Battlefield games so I like that.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah usually if I get a football itch I login for 30 minutes, remember this game is garbage, then log off and go play something else. Orgin+ gives me all of the Battlefield games so I like that.

Right on, Im looking forward to the new Battlefield too so this is nice.

BTW, is there something weird with the colors in Madden? Im playing now on PC and the colors look super washed out and dull. Every other game looks great on my monitor but for some reason why I put Madden at full screen it looks like all of the colors have been sitting out in the sun for a week.

9 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Right on, Im looking forward to the new Battlefield too so this is nice.

BTW, is there something weird with the colors in Madden? Im playing now on PC and the colors look super washed out and dull. Every other game looks great on my monitor but for some reason why I put Madden at full screen it looks like all of the colors have been sitting out in the sun for a week.

I don't recall having any color issues with Madden when I switched to PC

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I don't recall having any color issues with Madden when I switched to PC

Its very weird. When the game is in a smaller window--all of the colors look normal. When I go full screen, its like a white overlay goes over top and dulls out all of the colors. 

The game has also crashed on me twice with a error pop up that says something about a graphics card driver. I just installed the brand new 3070 this week with updated drivers. How is there a graphics card problem lol I knew I should have bought a PS5 lol

Update: Now my entire brand new gaming monitor has a white smokey film over it that wont go away no matter how many times I restart.

Edited by AkronsWitness