Madden 22

1 hour ago, carl_sjunior said:

Yeah for sure, I'm waiting for the update before the season kicks off. I'll just trade Watson for Tua and picks or something. 

Im waiting for Black Friday when all EA games go on Sale for 50% OFF.

That said, can anybody give me a MUT update? Is it good? Is it still heavily Pay To Win or did they change it to go back to rewarding those who grind?

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Im waiting for Black Friday when all EA games go on Sale for 50% OFF.

That said, can anybody give me a MUT update? Is it good? Is it still heavily Pay To Win or did they change it to go back to rewarding those who grind?

WHy would they do that? lol 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

To make a better game but we all know EA doesnt care about that--they are about as shameless as Activision.

There is a YouTuber who found a glitch and took advantage of it to grind out to a million coins. EA suspended his account for a couple hours? (Not sure) and reset his coins to zero. 

42 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

To make a better game but we all know EA doesnt care about that--they are about as shameless as Activision.

I don't play MUT but I can just about guarantee you the answer to your question is whatever makes EA the most on the bottom line. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shockwave said:

I don't play MUT but I can just about guarantee you the answer to your question is whatever makes EA the most on the bottom line. 

lol oh i know they are all in it for the $$$. Its just a shame they monetized the best game mode the series had to offer. I really dont have a interest in playing franchise mode or online H2H anymore. I did that from Madden 2003-2013. MUT was a fresh fun game mode that they decided to ruin.

14 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

lol oh i know they are all in it for the $$$. Its just a shame they monetized the best game mode the series had to offer. I really dont have a interest in playing franchise mode or online H2H anymore. I did that from Madden 2003-2013. MUT was a fresh fun game mode that they decided to ruin.

Nothing will change until there is a law banning gambling in videogames targeted at minors....which is exactly what MUT has become.   Buying cards is essentially a slot machine.

6 minutes ago, 43M said:

Nothing will change until there is a law banning gambling in videogames targeted at minors....which is exactly what MUT has become.   Buying cards is essentially a slot machine.

100%. Same with Activision and the Call of Duty franchise with lootboxes. They are the biggest culprits and other devs have taken noticed and copied them. Activision got so much crap for it like on a national level, they retired the system and copied Fortnites "battlepass' $10 per season formula so it wasnt 'lootbox gambling' and now EVERY FPS game has a season pass for $10.

I just cant wait until EA no longer has the exclusive NFL rights. However, I said that with the Tiger Woods PGA franchise and then their contract was up, it took YEARS for another developer to step in and make a AAA title golf game. We literally went 5 years with no PGA licensed golf game. It killed me lol

Back in EA sports hayday (IMO 03-09) they made such good games. Its almost like they put effort into it. Then as soon as the 'next gen' PS4 consoles came out--they mailed it in with every single one of their sports franchise games.

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

This will never happen. Too much money on both sides.

IDK, couldnt the NFL just split it between 2 companies for the sake of progression/competition?

Instead of giving EA a exclusive for 50M, couldnt they just give both EA/2K 25M a piece so there are 2 companies with NFL rights? 

I mean EA either takes that offer or gets the exclusive rights sold to another company.

Edited by AkronsWitness

IMO the problem isn't that EA has exclusive rights, its the fact that they have to produce a new game every year.  Because they have to release a "new" game every year they have to pretend its significantly different then the prior year by putting new features in each edition (most features no one cares about).  Its the only way their marketing people think they can sell the game every year.  Since they focus on this they never get around to fixing the actual gameplay issues from the base game the year before. 

To make Madden better they need to get away from selling the game every year.  Madden needs to become a subscription service. They should release a new Madden at the launch of each next gen console, then just patch, fix and update that version throughout the life of that console.  For this users will pay a $5 per month subscription fee (or the same as $60 per game per year). The game would probably be something around what we're getting now in the first year of launch, but in a year or two it could evolve into one of the best sports games ever. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

IMO the problem isn't that EA has exclusive rights, its the fact that they have to produce a new game every year.  Because they have to release a "new" game every year they have to pretend its significantly different then the prior year by putting new features in each edition (most features no one cares about).  Its the only way their marketing people think they can sell the game every year.  Since they focus on this they never get around to fixing the actual gameplay issues from the base game the year before. 

To make Madden better they need to get away from selling the game every year.  Madden needs to become a subscription service. They should release a new Madden at the launch of each next gen console, then just patch, fix and update that version throughout the life of that console.  For this users will pay a $5 per month subscription fee (or the same as $60 per game per year). The game would probably be something around what we're getting now in the first year of launch, but in a year or two it could evolve into one of the best sports games ever. 

All sports games should be a subscription service with updated rosters and access to online play. With an actual new installment every 3-4 years. 

However, I don’t think that’s EA’s primary problem. The two problems are no competition and Ultimate Team. IMO the game went downhill about 2-3 years after exclusive rights. And went massively downhill after Ultimate Team was introduced I think in M13 was it? The last “ok” franchise mode was M12 and last great franchise mode was PS2 days like Madden 08. The last “ok” gameplay was also M12. The frostbyte engine is just utterly horrible. Why they have stuck with it this long, I just have no idea.