Madden 22

On 9/4/2021 at 12:10 AM, CBears019 said:

Got the game today.  Some impressions:

- Started an offline franchise (ps4) and immediately after starting it my franchise menu didn’t load.  Had to restart my system and then it loaded fine.

- They don’t even have the draft picks correct.  The bears traded their ‘22 first round pick and some change to move up for fields.  However, Madden still has them with their ‘22 first.  That’s just some laziness there.

-  The lack of rookie pictures is killing me.  I get in the past later round guys wouldn’t always have pictures, but ALL of them?  I know, COVID and all.  But they couldn’t use the photos their team takes of them?  Hell, I’d be fine if they just had the rookies take a selfie and send it in to EA at this point.

-  Haven’t gotten to play an actual game yet because it’s taking FOREVER to load.  Wtf??

- I like that i can hire/fire coordinators.  Cool.

- I like the option to create/edit uniforms, but i haven’t actually tried that yet so idk if that’s actually worthwhile or not. But i saw the option so that’s cool that they at least thought of it.

- I REALLY miss the soundtrack of Madden 04.  It would be nice if they got the rights to a wide array of artists/genres and then let the user choose which genre they want their soundtrack to be/customize a playlist.   But of course, $$$$, so that’ll never happen.  For all the rap songs they have when you’re not playing a game, i do recall hearing  “high hopes” by PATD in the stadium during some games.

-  Haven’t gotten to play an actual game yet because it’s taking FOREVER to load.  I realize this was my third bullet point on this post, but it still hasn’t completed since I’ve written this post.  Probably gonna have to restart my system (ps4).

If it's like years past you'll have to wait until you can do a live franchise or whatever it's called where it starts where the season is in real life and then the picks should be accurate, it's always been that way for some reason.

I hadn't planned on getting Madden this year but might see what this scouting update has to offer... And I want an actual PS5 game, only played one and I've had the thing since February.

I haven't done a franchise with the Bears in years, but the way the roster is in a complete mess really makes me want to try sorting it out on Madden.

Plus Mack's 40 sacks a season will help.

On 9/3/2021 at 11:03 AM, BayRaider said:

Would be much easier if you didn’t have to cycle through a different character every time. EA always has the most frustrating 32 team control. 

Yeah, I can remember that being frustrating only controlling two teams, how I used to do it.  I can't even imagine doing that with 32.  That would be overly annoying.

1 hour ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

I just picked this up yesterday. Need some suggestions for some offensive playbooks. I really suck at passing so any passing tips? 

I generally run a lot on first down.  3rd and 10 is hard to convert, 3rd and 2 is a lot easier. If you're struggling with passing try hitting a lot of slants over the middle. Also always know what your first read is before you snap the ball, and have an idea where your dump off backup plan is. Presnap check out what the Safeties are doing, if one comes up on a blitz look to hit something deep. Immediately after the snap just glance at what the Safeties are doing, are they both pressing towards the sidelines?  Try hitting something up the middle of the field.  Just be careful of the MLB.  If the Safeties stay back in deep coverage look to dump off for a short gain.  

3 hours ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

I just picked this up yesterday. Need some suggestions for some offensive playbooks. I really suck at passing so any passing tips? 

Deep crossing routes kill man coverage.  The flats are pretty open this year, so swings to the rb, or te/slots running arrow, are pretty safe, and can allow you to do some damage.  Drags are still low risk/low reward, but can keep you completing passes, and moving forward. Flag routes can also yield some big plays, just have to make sure you don't underthrow it.   Slants are solid, but receivers are dropping the ball a lot, on contact, so I've been using the low throw modifier, with a possession catch, if I'm fitting into a window.   

There is a little learning curve.  I was throwing too many ints, early on, but now I can throw the ball all over the field.   Pre snap reads, reading safties, and fitting the ball in on a blitzing defender help a lot.  You can also have a lot of success throwing on the run, as long you're not trying to fit the ball into a tight window.  The QB's are pretty athletic this year, to where they might be a little over done.  I have a franchise with the Bengals right now, and Joe Burrow practically feels like he is Steve Young, so I try not to not to break the pocket often, as it's definitely something you could abuse.

On PS5, I've been setting the deep catching, and medium catching, to aggressive in the coach adjustments tab.  It creates better animations for your receivers vs the defenders, I've found.  They attack the ball more than just sitting back on it, like they were on normal.  

Edited by OkeyDoke21

6 hours ago, carl_sjunior said:

Glad I read this thread in regards to the passing struggles, lol Anyone know when the final final roster update is before the season and what they will do with Deshaun Watson if he isn't traded? I kind of want to rebuild the Texans. 

Normally roster updates are done every Friday, so they should be set now. Watson isn’t on any injury list or suspension list so he’ll likely be the starter for the Texans in any franchise you run. (seems like the Eagles have signed Kaepernick in every franchise I’ve seen as well).

Keep in mind, if your going to start a franchise the “new scouting update” hasn’t been added and can’t be added to any existing franchises so a lot of people are waiting for that to start a new franchise. Or in my case I have an online and offline franchise I’m testing out until then. 

7 hours ago, carl_sjunior said:

Glad I read this thread in regards to the passing struggles, lol Anyone know when the final final roster update is before the season and what they will do with Deshaun Watson if he isn't traded? I kind of want to rebuild the Texans. 

Good luck.    I haven’t been able to get through season 1 with the Texans without getting fired(even if it’s turned off).  They need to patch that 

12 hours ago, RedGold said:

Good luck.    I haven’t been able to get through season 1 with the Texans without getting fired(even if it’s turned off).  They need to patch that 

If you just sim through the week and don’t go to the meeting with the GM you don’t get fired.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

If you just sim through the week and don’t go to the meeting with the GM you don’t get fired.

This.  It works the same with the players retiring mid season.  If you don't click on the event, then it just goes away after like 2 weeks, and the player won't retire, during the season.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I went and still got canned lol.    I tried 4 different times and gave up after.   Decided to wait till the scouting was updated to try again.