Ben Simmons officially asks to be traded

NYRaider

Should they trade Ben Simmons  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Trade him?

• Yes
    • No

9 hours ago, Dan_Bali said:

Yes, paying a point guard $29 million dollars a year who is scared to shoot in the modern NBA is about as dumb as dumb can get.

Ben Simmons is 25 years old and has been All-NBA, All-Defense, 2nd in DPOY, and an All-Star as the second best player for the #1 seeded team.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Ben Simmons is 25 years old and has been All-NBA, All-Defense, 2nd in DPOY, and an All-Star as the second best player for the #1 seeded team.

Just more of the panic undervaluing of him.  The only way I would take John Wall for him is if they sent Jalen green too.  Which isn't going to happen but thats the only way Houston could get him IMO.  Unless they dump a crazy amount of picks on top of it and get other teams involved. But Wall is toast. 

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

That return to Philly no matter whether it’s in a Sixers jersey or not is going to be brutal. 

I hope he posterizes Embiid. It would never happen in a million years but I think a Ben Simmons/Kyrie Irving swap would actually be a nice deal for both teams.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

i absolutely would rather have wall's contract than simmons.   rockets will have max cap space in 2 seasons, a likely top 5-6 pick next year and can keep their own draft picks.  trading for simmons would be dumb.

You'd still have max cap space in 2023/2024 (depending on other moves) if you traded for Simmons. I think it'd be easier to attract a max contract level player with Jalen Green/Ben Simmons both being there already. When you guys traded away Chris Paul/James Harden/Russell Westbrook and didn't get much in return your franchise looked like it was going to be screwed. And now you are on the verge of potentially having a 25 year old All-Star to pair with the guy you just drafted #2 overall that projects as a future star.

• Like 1

ESPN's 6 ideal trade packages for Simmons included...

Sacramento: Buddy Hield, Tyrese Haliburton, Marvin Bagley

Portland (1): Damian Lillard

Portland (2): CJ McCollum, Nassir Little, Future 1st

Chicago: Zach LaVine, Derrick Jones Jr

Minnesota: D'Angelo Russell, 2022 1st, 2024 1st 

Cavaliers: Kevin Love, 2022 1st, 2024 1st, 2026 1st, and future pick swaps

The Sixers have not lowered the bar on what they’re seeking in a Simmons trade — yet. Toronto, Minnesota, Cleveland, San Antonio and Sacramento — all of them, league sources say, have engaged with Philadelphia in Simmons trade talks. They’re also all bubble playoff teams at best based in markets not known for attracting free agents and surely love the idea of acquiring Simmons when the 25-year-old is locked into three guaranteed seasons on his contract after this one.