Pick a game to get an HD remake and describe any changes

MikeT14

22 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Interesting idea. I like it. 

It would be a first for a car related game like this, I think? It would be cool and interesting to see what could be done. But, different characters also have different abilities. If done right, it could be a lot of fun. I remember just playing with a friend against all the computer characters. It was great. Imagine it with a bunch of people.

Super Smash Bros. Melee (but Nintendo will never do this)

For my money, it’s the greatest game I’ve ever played and holds up remarkably well. Also still has a substantial player base and a very competitive scene to this day. This is why Nintendo will never do anything (even a GC mini)

I can go on for literal hours about what I love about melee.

I don’t need much, I just need it to be lag free playing with an HDMI cable not using an additional piece.

On 7/14/2021 at 12:05 PM, JBURGE said:

KOTOR yes please..... I tried loading it up last year and just couldn't do it. 

On 7/14/2021 at 12:52 PM, Kiltman said:

Same, I bought it on steam a couple years ago and whatever I did to get it to work just wasn’t playable. Tried again with backcompat on Xbox last year, it loads up and runs better than it ever did…but it’s just too hard to go back to.

Yep. I have it on Xbox and about once a year I boot it up and start a play through thinking “this will be the time is sucks me back in”

nope, never does.

Id love an overhaul and reboot 

• Like 1

On 7/15/2021 at 4:11 AM, biggio7 said:

Twisted Metal

Make it into a battle royale.

I recently watched like all the endings for most of the games. I'd love to see them put an actual effort into the story. The game was always so unsettling and unique for it. So I'd love to see a well written Twisted Metal.

• Like 1

Too many to name, but I'll keep it reasonable.

• Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
  • Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (This one more than anything)
  • Gran Theft Auto: Vice City
  • Goldeneye: 007
  • WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2006

Though I know most of these would never see the light of day in a remake/remaster, one can still dream. I'd pay whatever price they wanted to throw on it for any of these games. What a time to be alive during their original runs.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 2:28 PM, Kiltman said:

Rumors it’s happening but until it’s out

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic + anything they want to take from SW:KOTOR II

It was a groundbreaking game in its day and sits in a great part of the Star Wars fiction. It’s unfortunately held back by dated mechanics and graphics…two things that a remake can fix easily. The added benefit is they can re-canonize the story and help launch the Old Republic era again in Star Wars.

Doing it with more modern action fighting mechanics and expanded story choices can make for a brand new experience everyone would love.

In a lot of ways Jade Empire is in the same boat, they just have way more room to do new stuff with it.

With the new generation being capable of it, I wouldn’t mind Prototype coming back (or games of it’s ilk) and adding in more destruction elements. Like Crackdown 3 said it would.

If Ubisoft is going the way it seems with Assassins Creed, I’d like to see Assassin’s Creed 1 get a remake. Establish Altair even more into the universe and tie in what game before on the timeline and after. Really flesh out his character more.

Would love to see a next gen campaign singleplayer/co-op reboot for Rainbow Six: Vegas. Kind of like Quarantine or whatever the new name is now, use the siege gameplay. But give us a gorgeous neon filled ray traced world to play in. To make it realistic it will launch with new operations & operators for Siege.

the first AC gameplay was way to repetitive, unless they changed it all a remake wouldn’t fix it.

On 7/15/2021 at 7:11 AM, biggio7 said:

Twisted Metal

Make it into a battle royale.

Twisted Metal is such a weird franchise. The potential for a great game is there. If Rocket League and Fortnite can succeed, I can't believe twisted metal can't do some sort of remake that kills it.

Tge problem is I feel they have left so much of the table with that franchise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

the first AC gameplay was way to repetitive, unless they changed it all a remake wouldn’t fix it.

Yeah, it was really fun and cool for the novelty it was at the time (and looked amazing), but the game play does not hold up at all (hell, even back then it felt taxing some times). Extremely repetitive game-play wise.