Packers Training Camp 2021 Thread

packfanfb

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Need to tap the breaks a little bit here. It is the Jets we're talking about. 

I'm hopeful, but need to see it when the games count. 

Lol I’m not making that statement because of a practice with NY. 

Many people say Preston was out of shape last year, and has seen a noticeable difference in camp this year. He’s probably not going to be 2019 Preston, but if he gets closer to 2019, with year 3 Gary, Z and Kenny then it’s an elite pass rush.

6 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Lol I’m not making that statement because of a practice with NY. 

Many people say Preston was out of shape last year, and has seen a noticeable difference in camp this year. He’s probably not going to be 2019 Preston, but if he gets closer to 2019, with year 3 Gary, Z and Kenny then it’s an elite pass rush.

He's been one of the most 'every other year' players in the league.  He always follows up the down year with an up year.  This should be an 'up' year if history holds true. 

24 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He's been one of the most 'every other year' players in the league.  He always follows up the down year with an up year.  This should be an 'up' year if history holds true. 

I have seen that too. Wasn’t 2019 his best year by far?

10 minutes ago, HyponGrey said:

I've heard the Keke/Daniels comparisons for a year or two now, but I didn't see it.

I remember watching his college stuff thinking he has a shot. I don’t think I’ve noticed him much in his pro career, but he seemed to be graded okay. 

it’s just an incredibly incredibly talented team. 

The offense is full of stars. The depth is incredible . I really think it’s gonna be NE-esque where it can ‘change’ every week to play against the weakness of the defense. There’s so many combinations LaFleur can put out there with the TEs, RBs and WRs. It’s a mismatch nightmare . 

The defense is full of blue chip stars on every level and really need Barry to just put them in positions to succeed. 

I took them 16-1 a long time ago. They’re still 12-1 which I find incredible. Aside from injuries , the only thing I worry about is the guys showing up when it matters. 

19 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

So stupid. Clean MRI, says he feels fine and they’re not playing him. Just doesn’t make sense.

They never did actually publicly declare the nature or extent of the issue.......so, I have to guess there's something there that that simply dont want to chance becomes more. It's not like its intended he play any regular season games - but a real bummer to those of us looking to see what he brings to the table.

Though we're apparently intent on sitting a whole bunch of Starters for the entire PS, the last game is usually populated by true back benchers. Guys looking to put something on film which will extend their careers - so (presuming Love plays.....) it will make any successes against them questionable. Oh well. 

Edited by Leader

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

They never did actually publicly declare the nature or extent of the issue.......so, I have to guess there's something there that that simply dont want to chance becomes more. It's not like its intended he play any regular season games - but a real bummer to those of us looking to see what he brings to the table.

Though we're apparently intent on sitting a whole bunch of Starters for the entire PS, the last game is usually populated by true back benchers. Guys looking to put something on film which will extend their careers - so (presuming Love plays.....) it will make any successes against them questionable. Oh well. 

I could be wrong but I believe he said it was a muscle strain. No structural damage. 

Play him in practice where they’re not hitting the QB at least.