Packers Training Camp 2021 Thread

packfanfb

4 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Only real concern is that the DB room is pretty crowded on the backend; feel like he probably should make the 53 but sort of expect him not to.

I think he played a lot of ST snaps, too. I get the feeling the staff is trying to make him stick on the roster. 

Hanson is a near lock for PS. Hes been passed by anyone that looks like they can snap a ball. Hes playing **** squad center.

Patrick is the surprise cut to me if there is one. Youve got 3 other guys with more upside and about even in the roster right now at both his positions.

Nijman I assume will get the super extended look to see what kind of consistency he can show through the preseason. If he can tighten it up the rest of the way I see a path to the roster over Kelly. Otherwise you send him back down (is he eligible? I havent followed these new rules)

Edited by HighCalebR

39 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Hanson is a near lock for PS. Hes been passed by anyone that looks like they can snap a ball. Hes playing **** squad center.

Patrick is the surprise cut to me if there is one. Youve got 3 other guys with more upside and about even in the roster right now at both his positions.

Nijman I assume will get the super extended look to see what kind of consistency he can show through the preseason. If he can tighten it up the rest of the way I see a path to the roster over Kelly. Otherwise you send him back down (is he eligible? I havent followed these new rules)

Patrick is a lock methinks. He's very cheap and was a starter on a near SB team. He's excellent depth at worst.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Patrick is a lock methinks. He's very cheap and was a starter on a near SB team. He's excellent depth at worst.

I'd lean more toward a surprise trade than a cut. If it went that way. I think hes still got the inside track to start from what ive been able to see. But if one of the young guys steals his starting spot things start to get flexible.

I don't think hell get moved but hes the only guy they could that would surprise me at this point.

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I'd lean more toward a surprise trade than a cut. If it went that way. I think hes still got the inside track to start from what ive been able to see. But if one of the young guys steals his starting spot things start to get flexible. I don't think hell get moved but hes the only guy they could that would surprise me at this point.

I think Patrick's gonna up his game from PS game 1 - but if one of the young guy's does pass him by - I think he's more valuable to us as a filler later on than as a trade chip. He can hold down a couple spots. A handy guy to have around.

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

I think Patrick's gonna up his game from PS game 1 - but if one of the young guy's does pass him by - I think he's more valuable to us as a filler later on than as a trade chip. He can hold down a couple spots. A handy guy to have around.

I dont disagree. Hence surprise. Nobody else would surprise me outside the clear starters. 

Braden is in the same spot as when patrick broke tbe roster and JRJ is in the same spot as when he broke the lineup. I don't think its imconceivsble, however unlikely.

Edited by HighCalebR

24 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Too many young, unproven guys on the OL for the Packers to let Patrick go. Injuries happen. Even if Newman beats him out, he'll be needed before the season is over.  

Thats why itd be surprising. The cajones itd take to move on a mediocre proven guy for uproveb youngsters.

I think you are overthinking it.  There are Lucas Patricks starting all around the league.  I would be surprised very much if he were cut.  I would be just as surprised if he were on the team next season.  Keep the veteran next to the rookie center, especially while Bakhtiari is out.  

5 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think you are overthinking it.  There are Lucas Patricks starting all around the league.  I would be surprised very much if he were cut.  I would be just as surprised if he were on the team next season.  Keep the veteran next to the rookie center, especially while Bakhtiari is out.  

I don't think so. Id put my expectancy to move him at like 5%. Thered have to be a ton of things working together for this to happen. Like you said, ton of Patricks out there. Hes not exactly a tough replace. I don't think hes a fantastic scheme fit so i think youre always looking to upgrade if you can. Do i think the young guys are going to do it? No.  I would also be very SURPRISED to see him not on this roster.

2 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

I'd put the odds of Patrick being cut damn near 0%.  Maybe a surprise trade, but I'd be very surprised if he was released.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I'd put the odds of Patrick being cut damn near 0%.  Maybe a surprise trade, but I'd be very surprised if he was released.

Agree, Patrick is not getting cut. In a normal year there would be about a 50/50 chance of Patrick being traded with with the equaling type of depth they have on the IOL, but with Rodgers now voicing his opinion and Patrick a Rodgers guy it is doubtful he goes anywhere but the 53 man roster for the Packers.  

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

5% pretty close to 0%. I also feel like the trade would be far more probable. 

Shoot this would rely on the packers wanting to keep 4 tackles out the gate and all the rookies not stumbling any more while patrick continues to have the mistakes like missing stunts and free runners. Far more likely Patrick cleans some of that up. This is also all just to my knowledge which is just like the 2 tweets ive ever seen our beat comment on line stuff and the preseason games. Patrick probably has been practicing great and this is all mute.

I'd trade Patrick for an average run stuffing defensive lineman in a player for player. We are below average with Lancaster's spot. Not sure how confident they are with Slaton at this point either. 

That is assuming you are good with Runyan, Newman and Braden inside. Seems a big ask to be OK with them at this point. It gets more palpable when Bak comes back and Jenkins moves back inside. 

If Kelly was playing worth a damn you could be more comfortable because Turner can play inside, albeit not his ideal position.