2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

Just now, CWood21 said:

Other then his explosion attacking the basket, I'm not sure I really see Ja Morant.  Don't like the Oladipo comparison either.  Maybe a more explosive D'Angelo Russell?

First step and explosion are Ja-esque. Not quite on the Ja and Rose scale but a blend we haven't seen outside of those two in ages. 

Russell was much more of a playmaker in college. The NBA game changed his strengths and he's worse for it (ala Brandon Jennings). So I don't see Russell either.

I think Ivey is a blend of Ja Morant and Donovan Mitchell. A step below Ja's first step and explosion but a similar efficiency type of game and lack of creation for others as Mitchell.

5 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

He definitely plays like Morant.  Only difference is Morant is a much better passer.  Ivey is still learning.  Everything else is similar. 

Ja was a significantly better passer to the point they arent comparable IMO.  Ivey is not the primary ball handler at Purdue, and shouldn't be.  He is an off ball wing who can create occasionally.  I think he is closer to Jalen Green as a prospect than Morant.  Super athletic, solid shooters but need to work on it and have great ability to get to the rim.  Green's G League numbers are almost identical to Ivey's last year at Purdue. 

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

Ja was a significantly better passer to the point they arent comparable IMO.  Ivey is not the primary ball handler at Purdue, and shouldn't be.  He is an off ball wing who can create occasionally.  I think he is closer to Jalen Green as a prospect than Morant.  Super athletic, solid shooters but need to work on it and have great ability to get to the rim.  

That's why I like him with Cade. He doesn't need the ball all the time. He can also quickly attack the shifting defense when they are paying too much attention to Cade. 

Mind you all, I'm not comparing Ivey's game to Ja, just his first step and explosion. The rest of his game is Donovan Mitchell. Maybe not as ball needy as Mitchell but play style wise, they are similar. He's a blend.

Donovan Mitchell with Ja's explosion is a superstar.

Edited by beekay414

40 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Mind you all, I'm not comparing Ivey's game to Ja, just his first step and explosion. The rest of his game is Donovan Mitchell. Maybe not as ball needy as Mitchell but play style wise, they are similar. He's a blend.

Donovan Mitchell with Ja's explosion is a superstar.

u hated mitchell but like ivey.. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Mobley's success is encouraging because Chet is more skilled, a better shooter, and a better rim protector.

why is chet more skilled?

like the only thing about him that is more skilled is 3pt shooting

mobley was a borderline allstar caliber player as a rookie, he is insanely good

1 hour ago, FinneasGage said:

u hated mitchell but like ivey.. 

I hated Mitchell because he's not special. Ivey has special tools to work with and he's already at Mitchell's efficiency level. Ivey's also not a turnstile defensively like Mitchell is.

5 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

i mean chet's a definitely a better ball handler. some of his best offense this year came from running the break. he's also probably a better playmaker but i don't think mobley was really asked to do that much because he was playing with garland so i don't know that for sure

15 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Better ball handler, better passer, better shooter. 

11 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Did anyone hear that rumor that the thunder and kings are going to do a trade involving the 2nd and 4th picks similar to the Luca/Trae Young trade?

The Kings would be trading up for Chet? It makes sense from OKC's perspective if they don't love any of the bigs and figure that they can land Duren or Williams at #12.

Edited by NYRaider