Browns extend RB Nick Chubb for 3 years / 36.6 million

TheRealMcCoy

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

This is good. This means top end RB deals most likely won't exceed 10-12 mil.

Cowboys gave Zeke 6 years / 9 million (15 mil) 😭

McCaffrey got just a tick over 16 per and Kamara got 15 too.

But, yeah for the most part guys are in that 10-12 range.

Chubb falls just outside the top 5 in average (McCaffrey, Zeke, Kamara, Cook & Henry in that order).

Pretty good since he signed a year or two after all of them.

Browns will be paying a good amount for RB between Chubb and Hunt next year, but Hunt comes off the books in 2023.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Chubb falls just outside the top 5 in average (McCaffrey, Zeke, Kamara, Cook & Henry in that order).

Browns will be paying a good amount for RB between Chubb and Hunt next year, but Hunt comes off the books in 2023.

I think this in a way "resets" the market.

• Like 1

Considering where the market could've been trending, with the Elliott, Kamara, and CMC deals, this is an absolute steal. He definitely should've commanded $15M+. Instead getting him in the Joe Mixon/Aaron Jones/Dalvin Cook contract territory is fantastic value.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

4y/50mil is realistically Zeke's
4y/40mil is realistically Kamara's
3y/39mil is realistically CMC's
3y/27mil is realistically Cooks's
2y/25.5mil is realistically Henry's

Chubb's looks basically in line, where he probably could have asked for more, but gets his pay raise locked in before his rookie contract ends and doesn't have to play that risk injury and then if healthy get tagged game. I'm sure his college experience played a role in his decision making. Pretty sure Hunt being there as leverage also capped it from being top 3 money too as Cleveland has some leverage in the drop off isn't lethal to their playoff chances. Looks like a good deal for both to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trojan said:

4y/50mil is realistically Zeke's

I think I get where you're going with this and you have a point to an extent, but it isn't necessarily all completely accurate.

Yes, his final 2 years are completely non guaranteed.

Zeke is getting 57.8 over those first four years for an average of 14.45.

If he's cut before the 4th year he'll have netted 47.8, so that's 15.9 for 3 years of service.

24 minutes ago, Trojan said:

3y/39mil is realistically CMC's

Again I get where you are going with guaranteed, but it doesn't paint the whole picture.

McCaffrey is set to make 49.7 over his first 3 years for an average of 16.57 per for that time frame.

His last year is pretty much not guaranteed (only $1,409,500 dead cap).

If they cut him before his last year he makes just over 51 million in 3 years for an average of 17 million per year.

31 minutes ago, Trojan said:

2y/25.5mil is realistically Henry's

Biggest conclusion from looking at some of these contracts is CMC and Zeke's agents deserve a raise. Henry's deserves to be canned. 

college football GIF by Nissan USA

He's getting 34.5 over his first 3 years for an average of 11.5 over that span and if they cut him before his last year it comes out to an average of 12.5.

That doesn't sound too bad, but realistically if they want they can cut him before the 3rd year of his deal and pay him only the 25.5 over 2 like you listed.

This one is completely accurate and terrible for Henry.

39 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I'm sure his college experience played a role in his decision making. Pretty sure Hunt being there as leverage also capped it from being top 3 money too as Cleveland has some leverage in the drop off isn't lethal to their playoff chances. Looks like a good deal for both to me.

Wholeheartedly agree on all of this though. The past injury and Hunt being there definitely played a part.

It's a great deal for the Browns value and good for Chubb cause he gets to the market before the dreaded 30th.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Denzel is probably next then Baker. 

Agreed on the order.

Hopefully Denzel can stay healthy (saw he added 7 lbs of muscle) for a whole year and Baker can be more consistent to prove he's earned that huge pay day.

13 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Love it love it love it 😍 

Andrew Berry >>>