Browns extend RB Nick Chubb for 3 years / 36.6 million

TheRealMcCoy

5 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

I don't like it one bit!

This beast should be playing for another football team, dammit!

If…if, and I say again if the Browns have finally got it right, AFC north is f’d. Literally f’d. 

Can’t anybody give us a break?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

So basically you’re saying you guys…errr, the Texans are responsible for our ascent?  Not a good look hombre. 

Not surprised, Cleveland and Arizona look to benefit from our folly.

A Browns/Cardinals Super Bowl would be fantastic in that sense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

If…if, and I say again if the Browns have finally got it right, AFC north is f’d. Literally f’d. 

Can’t anybody give us a break?

No. No break for you!

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Not surprised, Cleveland and Arizona look to benefit from our folly.

A Browns/Cardinals Super Bowl would be fantastic in that sense.

A Browns 3rd or last place finish would be fantastic in all senses. Cuz reasons. :)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Well the Browns are ran by the biggest analytic nerd in pro sports sooooo if he's paying a RB (actually 2), maybe the minions will change their tune

Have you heard these guys? If you spend more than vet/rookie minimum or a 7th round pick on a RB, they try to crucify you. I doubt it.

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Have you heard these guys? If you spend more than vet/rookie minimum or a 7th round pick on a RB, they try to crucify you. I doubt it.

Meh, those guys are idiots. Chubb is arguably the best pure RB in the NFL and they didnt even pay him top 5 money. That contract is a steal relative to his production. He could have easily pushed for CMC type money but didnt.

Also, context is key. I always belive there are exceptions to the rule. Nick Chubb is a exception to that rule. Watch the Browns when Chubb plays and then watch them when he doesnt. His threat makes the entire offense work, hes not simply replaceable. On top of that he is a team leader and has perfect 'football character'. You pay those guys, you dont get rid of them just to spend another high draft asset to have a revolving door position.

The nerds can kick rocks.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Here is the wild thing. Nick Chubb ranks outside the top 10 in rushing attempts per game at lowly 15 per game.

If he would have gotten the same amount of carries as Derek Henry did last year--given his YPC average, Chubb would have gone over 2k yards. But hes never going to get 22+ carries per game like Henry, Zeke, Cook, Jacobs, ect

Derek Henry- 396 carries. 5.4 YPC = 2,027 yards

Nick Chubb- 396 carries. 5.6 YPC =  2,047 yards (only received 221 last year)

SO in theory, given averages- Nick Chubb is a 2k yard rusher that will almost never be given the opportunity to reach that b/c of volume.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Here is the wild thing. Nick Chubb ranks outside the top 10 in rushing attempts per game at lowly 15 per game.

If he would have gotten the same amount of carries as Derek Henry did last year--given his YPC average, Chubb would have gone over 2k yards. But hes never going to get 22+ carries per game like Henry, Zeke, Cook, Jacobs, ect

Derek Henry- 396 carries. 5.4 YPC = 2,027 yards

Nick Chubb- 396 carries. 5.6 YPC =  2,047 yards (only received 221 last year)

SO in theory, given averages- Nick Chubb is a 2k yard rusher that will almost never be given the opportunity to reach that b/c of volume.

Miles Sanders, JK Dobbins, and Ronald Jones are also 2k rushers. Damien Harris and Gus Edwards are right there as well, coaches should really learn to utilize these guys more.

• Like 1