Vikings cut 2020 first rounder Gladney over domestic violence

Arthur Penske

I didn't want us to draft him in the first place, but that's because I didn't think he'd be any good. I wasn't expecting him to be a trash human being too.

I'm surprised by the move, but honestly, I really like it. It sends a clear message.

We basically now have thrown away first round picks in 2016 (Treadwell), 2017 (Bam Sadford), 2018 (Hughes) and one in 2020 (Gladney). Yikes.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

I didn't want us to draft him in the first place, but that's because I didn't think he'd be any good. I wasn't expecting him to be a trash human being too.

I'm surprised by the move, but honestly, I really like it. It sends a clear message.

We basically now have thrown away first round picks in 2016 (Treadwell), 2017 (Bam Sadford), 2018 (Hughes) and one in 2020 (Gladney). Yikes.

Who is your GM and why does he still have a job?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Dude destroyed his career.

How's that viking secondary looking like?

Patrick Peterson will start. Cam Dantzler, last years third round pick who outperformed Gladney, should start too. They also have Mack Alexander for the slot and Breshaud Breeland as additional competition. Bunch of other young mid round guys behind the top 4. Not great but I think they can be solid. Much more experienced group than last year. 

42 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Howie Roseman says "hold my beer"

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Patrick Peterson will start. Cam Dantzler, last years third round pick who outperformed Gladney, should start too. They also have Mack Alexander for the slot and Breshaud Breeland as additional competition. Bunch of other young mid round guys behind the top 4. Not great but I think they can be solid. Much more experienced group than last year. 

Not to mention that you have Harrison Smith back there too, which is always a good thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Spielman has hit on a lot of high end players outside of round 1. But it’s crazy to think that since 2015 the only standout first round pick has been Jefferson. Waynes was always okay but if he was worth an expensive new deal he wouldn’t have been able to test the market. Bradbury is closer to being a disappointment than a standout.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

1. Peterson

2. Breeland

3. Alexander

4. Dantzler

5. Boyd

6. Tye Smith

5.  Harrison Hand.

Held up as well as could be expected as a 5th round rookie last year.  Off to a great start so far in the offseason and looks like the team found a contributor.  Should be a good #5 CB and push for some rotational reps.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Who is your GM and why does he still have a job?

Their GM is Rick Spielman. And, theoretically, it's because he drafts well. 

To be fair I can't blame Spielman for Gladney turning out to be a jerk. I wonder if any team will touch him after this.

• Like 1