Preseason Week 1: Texans @ Packers

packfanfb

On 8/15/2021 at 8:45 PM, Old Guy said:

What does that have to do with how he played last night? He played better last night than Tim Boyle is capable of playing. That was obvious when watching the Lions game. He's the best back up quarterback that we've had since Rodgers last year backing up Favre. He's light years ahead of year 2 Aaron Rodgers. 

The guy has pocket presence, a very good arm and poise. He's intelligent and seems to process things fairly quickly. He's going to be a player. 

But you be you and hate on because you didn't like the pick. 

He instinctively doesn't like the kid. I won't speculate why, but I will accept it for what it is. You can't logic away the irrational.

8 hours ago, HyponGrey said:

He instinctively doesn't like the kid. I won't speculate why, but I will accept it for what it is. You can't logic away the irrational.

He hated the Eddie Murphy remake of Dr. Doolittle, and especially the alter-ego Buddy Love. He now thinks that Buddy Love is Jordan Love's father, making him hate Jordan by proxy.

• Like 1

You guys like making stuff up. I never said I didn't like Love, I said I hated the pick. I hated the Dillon and DeGuara picks as well. It's no big secret. That doesn't mean I hate the guys. Nor does it mean I want them to fail so I can be "right." That's idiotic. From what little I've seen in press conferences etc, he seems like a great guy. Just like any other player, I looked at Love's throws and made an opinion based on what I saw. Don't know what's so hard to understand about that. I think one of his better throws/ plays, was the flare to Dillon, followed by the seam throw to Sternberger. Anything negative I said isn't anything new. Training camp reports have said basically the same things

Edited by cannondale

On 8/17/2021 at 11:53 AM, Old Guy said:

Costs you more to cut him than to keep him next year. His contract was always set up to be able to move on after year 2 of the deal. Barring injury, I think that is still the plan regardless of Hill. 

On 8/17/2021 at 1:01 PM, vegas492 said:

If by "exploded" you mean Rodgers gets traded?

I disagree.  No matter how good Hill is, Jones is here for two years.

He's elite.  If you have Rodgers, you also want him keeping defenses honest.

If you have Love, you want as many running backs in the stable as you can to help shoulder the offensive load so the young QB doesn't have to.

Either way, Jones is insanely valuable for at least two years.

On 8/17/2021 at 1:12 PM, R T said:

You way over thought that one. Nothing wrong with having 3 good ones, with 2 of them on rookie contracts.  

I hope you guys are right but there’s going to be some serious cap issues next season and Gutey has acknowledged some painful moves will have to happen  especially if 12 stays somehow. I love Jones but when you start looking the potential deals/ contract changes coming sooner or later for Davante, Z, Jaire, Jenkins, I would trade a RB before any of them if you have two good ones behind him. Not sure what his contract looks like for a trade. 

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I hope you guys are right but there’s going to be some serious cap issues next season and Gutey has acknowledged some painful moves will have to happen  especially if 12 stays somehow. I love Jones but when you start looking the potential deals/ contract changes coming sooner or later for Davante, Z, Jaire, Jenkins, I would trade a RB before any of them if you have two good ones behind him. Not sure what his contract looks like for a trade. 

Agree but cutting Jones next year  added more to the cap deficit than allowing him to play on his current deal, as it stands. 

9 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Jones base salary is 1.1M next year, with the dead money (9.75M) hit from a trade or release the Packers would be better off keeping him from a cap standpoint. 

Edited by R T

9 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Agree but cutting Jones next year  added more to the cap deficit than allowing him to play on his current deal, as it stands. 

4 minutes ago, R T said:

Jones base salary is 1.1M next year, with the dead money (9.75M) hit from a trade or release the Packers would be better off keeping him from a cap standpoint. 

I was thinking trade but apparently that hit is the same so nvm 

16 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

season 2 stir the pot GIF by MTV Floribama Shore

That's why GIFs >>>> Emojis

Nahhh. That's not stirring the pot. Stirring the pot would be something like - if your go to is "you just hate him" or "you just want him to fail so you can be right" instead of actually debating the play on the field is a peek into your lack of football knowledge. That would be stirring the pot. If it was actually said.