Preseason Week 3 GDT - Las Vegas Raiders at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, John232 said:

Again, nog perfect, could have been caught. Felt like Jennings was the person to go to thought. 

im happy with what I’ve seen from Lance. If he had to start, I think we’d be ok. Definitely not going to light the world on fire year 1 though.

You could start him and easily have an RG3 / Dak season. Both guys who were very well insulated and protected by the talent around them (though Dak did completely light up the preseason that year) 

Trey be done just off his thumb getting hit there. 

2 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Don't like it. Defender was all over him. Probably should have thrown it away.

I didn't mind the throw. LB was all over Woerner but he gave him a chance there and there was six seconds not four so time wasn't a huge issue. 

3 minutes ago, struby3 said:

At ND he wasn't coached to do what he needs to do to be successful in SF though. He was drafted based on SF's belief that he is physically able to adapt to our offense. Sure, I wish he had adapted sooner, but he has also been injured. Way too early to worry about him. If he plays this way next offseason, then yeah, he might be a bust.

If you draft a 24-year old Guard you expect him to start day one. Sure he can still turn it around but he is off to a bad start so far.

• Like 1

Just now, Justone2 said:

If you draft a 24-year old Guard you expect him to start day one. Sure he can still turn it around but he is off to a bad start so far.

And he might be starting if he didn't get injured. Who knows? I agree that he isn't off to an ideal start, but I'm not too down on him. Luckily we have a capable RG that can start in his place.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

He just likes to troll the media. Thats why he's just full of **** and I can't really take anything he says with any sort of real value. 

Its strange on one hand he says a lot but then he also says a ton that is just full of nothing and you can't really know what way it goes.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, struby3 said:

At ND he wasn't coached to do what he needs to do to be successful in SF though. He was drafted based on SF's belief that he is physically able to adapt to our offense. Sure, I wish he had adapted sooner, but he has also been injured. Way too early to worry about him. If he plays this way next offseason, then yeah, he might be a bust.

I have very little faith in Banks moving forward, tbh. It's not completely unheard of for an older prospect to struggle and then get better years later (Garrett Bolles), but it's certainly not a common happening either. Banks' start is pretty much as much of a disaster as it could have been given his very specific circumstances. 

• Like 3