Preseason Week 3: Packers at Bills

packfanfb

4 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

That being said, don't want to hear one peep from anybody if the team comes out flat and rusty for the Saints game ... not one peep.  

Agree. Would have liked to see a sprinkling of vets in there.  There's the concern of them getting hurt, but theres also a concern of the getting hurt from not playing for weeks and starting out flat.  A lot of teams are doing it, but just watch the amount of injuries over the first 3 weeks.  

40 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

That being said, don't want to hear one peep from anybody if the team comes out flat and rusty for the Saints game ... not one peep.  

Fair enough.  Anyone who thinks a flat performance from GB in week 1 can be attributed to a lack of starter reps in the pre-season games deserves to be ignored.

• Like 2

A few thoughts on Love .. up and down as expected.  He had two terrible decisions in or near the RedZone.  He's got to stop that now.  You can't throw balls up for grabs anywhere on the field, but especially in the RedZone.  On the positive side the guy moved the ball up and down the field with a bunch of lower end roster fodder on the field .. against a good defense that was playing starters.  There's a lot to be excited about with Love overall.  I think he's going to be a keeper, but he's got to play smarter for sure. 

46 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Agree. Would have liked to see a sprinkling of vets in there.  There's the concern of them getting hurt, but theres also a concern of the getting hurt from not playing for weeks and starting out flat.  A lot of teams are doing it, but just watch the amount of injuries over the first 3 weeks.  

Probably the same amount as every year. A whole bunch.

54 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Anger issues again?  Opinions are all good so why do you get so mad?

LMAO - I just call em like I see em. A select few - like yourself- get butt hurt about it. I haven't said anything in game that MLF and anyone else hasn't echoed post game. So why would I be mad about being right ?? 

Edited by cannondale

32 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

They're returning damn near every starter on offense and defense from last year. Don't think we need to worry about them getting reps with each other

Not to mention 12 is the first to tell you the practice reps are more important for those guys anyways. 

3 hours ago, Norm said:

I'm not too excited TBH but it still seems like the parts are there that we expected.

I also had my back to the TV a lot of the first half, so I reserve the right to change my excitement a bit after I watch that all again

Wasn't Love touted as having the skill set, but prone to making silly mistakes?....That interception was inexcusable....Throwing off your back foot into heavy coverage....

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Clearly the determination was made it's a safer bet to come into the season healthy - and *perhaps* a bit rusty as opposed to losing top line talent in games that dont count.

Last year's start running from a dead stop -would be the best barometer. How'd we do last year?

One difference, of course, is that last year we faced opposition who hadn't played either.  

My biggest issue with GBs approach in the preseason is if they are looking to see what they have in Love... did we really get any closer?

Like I understand the argument that we won’t know until he is given a full season and time in meaningful games... so I get all of that.

BUT... if we want to get close to seeing what life after Rodgers looks like. Love wouldn’t be operating with Nijman as his starting LT against most of the bills starting defense. Taylor as his number one wr... etc.

Its great reps for young unproven guys verses proven starters. But it feels like Love was setup to not do well. And he would only ever have marginal success at best and maybe he is himself marginal but it’s like a bad test for him. 

It just feels like even giving Love reps... it didn’t really do any good for anyone. In practice at least he will get a rep here and there with the starters.

Edited by Green19