•• 2022 Draft Prospects ••

WizardHawk

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

All about Nakobe Dean. 

Love the kid.  Did you see him break up the pass near the goal line and then read his teammate the riot act for not picking up Bama's wr?  Dean is sideline to sideline and has his head in the game.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Northland said:

Love the kid.  Did you see him break up the pass near the goal line and then read his teammate the riot act for not picking up Bama's wr?  Dean is sideline to sideline and has his head in the game.

My general bias going into this draft would be anti-LB in the 1st round. But Dean is definitely a player that would change my mind. He can fly and pursue to eliminate teams that want to stretch horizontally, he can matchup in coverage on TEs and RBs, and he’s a really effective blitzer. Adding a linebacker like him to Micah would be a dream. You could be so flexible with your defense, and use those guys to exploit weaknesses and erase matchup problems from opponents. I genuinely think that duo would be something every other team try to emulate, but fail. It would be a unique, sustainable advantage.

Part of me thinks there is not way he’ll last until our pick, but the NFL is dumb sometimes, and linebackers of his stature have often fallen (Queen, JOK).

Anyway, sign him up with Linderbaum as two of my early dream targets.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I think I would be happy if one of the following fell:

• Safety
    • Kyle Hamilton
    • Daxton Hill
    • Jaquan Brisker
  • Corner
    • Derek Stingley
    • Kaiir Elam
  • OL
    • Tyler Linderbaun
    • Charles Cross
    • Ikem Ekwonu 
  • LBer
    • Nakobe Dean
  • WR
    • Jameson Williams

Obviously some of those are more of a pipe dream than others. 

Thanks for the starting list. Will check these out.

CB is going to be interesting. It’ll all depend on how they feel about Kelvin Joseph. He’s been impressive in limited action, and Anthony Brown has had a good year. Plus, Lewis is a solid CB4, and Nahshon is a promising young guy.

I don’t expect they’ll have a major sense of urgency around CB, and as a position, CBs don’t tend to fall far enough to become “blinking lights”.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

My general bias going into this draft would be anti-LB in the 1st round. But Dean is definitely a player that would change my mind. He can fly and pursue to eliminate teams that want to stretch horizontally, he can matchup in coverage on TEs and RBs, and he’s a really effective blitzer. Adding a linebacker like him to Micah would be a dream. You could be so flexible with your defense, and use those guys to exploit weaknesses and erase matchup problems from opponents. I genuinely think that duo would be something every other team try to emulate, but fail. It would be a unique, sustainable advantage.

Part of me thinks there is not way he’ll last until our pick, but the NFL is dumb sometimes, and linebackers of his stature have often fallen (Queen, JOK).

A few of my top targets are Linderbaum, Dean, Jordan Davis, and Chris Olave.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

• Safety
    • Kyle Hamilton
    • Daxton Hill
    • Jaquan Brisker
  • Corner
    • Derek Stingley
    • Kaiir Elam
  • OL
    • Tyler Linderbaun
    • Charles Cross
    • Ikem Ekwonu 
  • LBer
    • Nakobe Dean
  • WR
    • Jameson Williams

I can’t see any scenario where Hamilton, Stingley, or Ekwonu fall. If Williams’ injury is relatively severe, then he could fall.

6 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

If Dean is gone, the one LB I would love to see the Cowboys draft is Brandon Smith out of Penn. State. His potential is through the roof and pairing him with Micah would be great to see. He's raw, so he should be available in the 2nd round.

Hill, Dean, Brisker and B. Smith are my targets. I like Trevor Penning as well. 

Edited by Tony7188

I think it's imperative to get an OL 1st round unless an absolute stud falls to us.  I think we need 2 starting OL (at the very least 1) from the draft and/or FA.  The OL needs an enema and it will help the run game and DAK to get back his confidence back.

Edited by chumpy
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

• Safety
    • Kyle Hamilton
    • Daxton Hill
    • Jaquan Brisker
  • Corner
    • Derek Stingley
    • Kaiir Elam
  • OL
    • Tyler Linderbaun
    • Charles Cross
    • Ikem Ekwonu 
  • LBer
    • Nakobe Dean
  • WR
    • Jameson Williams

Devin Lloyd should be added to the LB group, but like Dean, he’s probably a long shot to be around when our pick comes up. He’s a big time stud as well. 

Jameson Williams has a confirmed ACL tear, so he’s a shoe in for our 2nd rd pick.

13 minutes ago, chumpy said:

I think it's imperative to get an OL 1st round unless an absolute stud falls to us.  I think we need 2 starting OL (at the very least 1) from the draft and/or FA.  The OL needs an enema and it will help the run game and DAK to get back his confidence back.

@Nextyearfordaboyz is right, while our OL isn't as good as it has been - around the League OL play sucks.

I am not saying 'NO' to OL in round 1, in fact I could be very onboard with the idea...but...it's not an all-in concept. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, chumpy said:

I think it’s imperative that we select the best player available regardless of position to best improve the overall talent level on the team.

44 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I think it’s imperative that we select the best player available regardless of position to best improve the overall talent level on the team.

If we don't improve our OL, this team will suffer greatly.  I'm never a fan of reaching (aka...Shante Carver), but if it's close. i'd hedge with an OL.  Like I said prior, if a talented stud(aka...CeeDee Lamb) falls to us, you'd be stupid not to jump on it.  My point is, the OL NEEDS to be addressed!