Week 1 Gen discussion

Blackstar12

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Actually they'll be $50M over the cap and he has a $46M cap hit. But if they do it likely means a lot of other players are going to get cut.

The conversation was can he be benched or traded, the guy said after this year, you said he's a free agent, aka he can't be traded. But he can. And it's likely what will happen.

I never said they can keep him. I said he is not a free agent so in theory he can be moved.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say to the rest of it. He is not a free agent after this season. 

Is this one of these weird things where someone can't admit they were wrong about some trivial thing or something?

Edited by Norm

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:
16 minutes ago, Norm said:

Nah, untrue, he's still under contract after this year

The team will be $40M over the cap if they keep him.

Have the Saints taught you nothing in the fact that the Cap is a figment of your imagination?  They started the offseason like $30M over the cap and still resigned several players, traded for Bradley Roby, and other moves this off-season.

2 minutes ago, Raves said:

Have the Saints taught you nothing in the fact that the Cap is a figment of your imagination?  They started the offseason like $30M over the cap and still resigned several players, traded for Bradley Roby, and other moves this off-season.

I don't think we'll have that kind of ability from all the break downs on it all that I've read, but stuff like that gives me a bit of hope there's ways to move it around some

Just now, Norm said:

I don't think we'll have that kind of ability from all the break downs on it all that I've read, but stuff like that gives me a bit of hope there's ways to move it around some

Depends on contract structure obv.  Saints purposely put high base salaries to eventually be turned into signing bonuses in the future as needed.  I mean the Saints had to pay Taysom Hill QB money then gave him a "4 year extension" that basically made him a voidable back-up money player with bonuses.  The cap is only real for teams with bad front offices.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Norm said:

The conversation was can he be benched or traded, the guy said after this year, you said he's a free agent, aka he can't be traded. But he can. And it's likely what will happen.

I never said they can keep him. I said he is not a free agent so in theory he can be moved.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say to the rest of it. He is not a free agent after this season. 

Is this one of these weird things where someone can't admit they were wrong about some trivial thing or something?

Technically he’s not a free agent after this season but the way his contract is structured the Packers will essentially have to move on from him for cap purposes after he just restructured his deal. 

50 minutes ago, Raves said:

Rodgers clearly doesn’t want to be there and just restructured his deal so he can play elsewhere next year.