Week 1 Gen discussion

Blackstar12

6 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Houston Texans will run the AFC South in 2021.

By week 3, the Texans will be 3-0, and Deshaun Watson will walk up to Cal and Jack, helmet in hand, staring at his feet and quietly ask "Um... can, can I play?"

Watson will start the next 14 games, throw for 4,672 yards and 31 TDs and the Texans will go 3-14.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

By week 3, the Texans will be 3-0, and Deshaun Watson will walk up to Cal and Jack, helmet in hand, staring at his feet and quietly ask "Um... can, can I play?"

Watson will start the next 14 games, throw for 4,672 yards and 31 TDs and the Texans will go 3-14.

This isnt the plot for The Longest Yard. 

8 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

QB holding back elite roster is holding back elite roster 

How is he holding them back? He played great today.

Guess it's his fault that we fumbled and our punter muffed a punt.

Goofy take. But I get it, you're a Ravens fan.

6 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

I'm not a Baker hater, but let's not pretend like he doesn't have a Top 3 line, Top 10 WR/TE Corps, and Top 1 Backfield. He's not exactly asked to win the games, though he's not really a game manager. However, today didn't exactly do well for him that when he had a chance to go get a statement win to open the season and the game was in his hands it ended with an interception.

I'm not ready to declare the top 10 WR part but I get your point.

I agree he had a chance to change his public perception and he didn't come through, but I'm not erasing an entire game of good play for one bad throw, either. He went into KC and helped keep it close till the end.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

How is he holding them back? He played great today.

Guess it's his fault that we fumbled and our punter muffed a punt.

Goofy take. But I get it, you're a Ravens fan.

Personally I wouldn't say he is holding you back, however I would say he hasn't reached the point of being the difference either (he did throw a game ending Int)

• Like 1

“Yeah, [Baker] looked good early when they were in the lead, but in the 4th quarter, when he fell behind and needed to show he could win the game with his arm, he couldn’t do it”

🤔

Feels like that gets thrown around a lot for another AFC North QB but when Baker can’t win it throwing at the end, it’s “well he started off great”.

Interesting.

• Like 3

Just now, Ray Reed said:

“Yeah, [Baker] looked good early when they were in the lead, but in the 4th quarter, when he fell behind and needed to show he could win the game with his arm, he couldn’t do it”

🤔

Feels like that gets thrown around a lot for another AFC North QB but when Baker can’t win it throwing at the end, it’s “well he started off great”.

Interesting.

Being unable to win with your arm when playing from behind only counts if it’s Lamar Jackson, otherwise you had a great game…