Week 2 GDT - Philadelphia Eagles vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Hopefully Moseley is ready to go next week but for this week I think we should be okay, especially with how Philly likes to keep things short and around the LOS...At least they did so last week. The safeties and LB play will be more important vs Philly anyways. Tartt/Ward will need to take good angles on tackles and will have to take away the occasional deep shots that Hurts will attempt. 

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Shanny is 0-2 against the Eagles. He gotta beat us before I respect him. 👀

That win against the Falcons must have boosted your confidence like crazy lol.

I do think this game will be competitive until a late Niners score as I've stated, but let's not reference that 0-2 record when the QBs were Nick Mullens (you know all about him) and CJ Beathard 😄.

52 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That win against the Falcons must have boosted your confidence like crazy lol.

I do think this game will be competitive until a late Niners score as I've stated, but let's not reference that 0-2 record when the QBs were Nick Mullens (you know all about him) and CJ Beathard 😄.

A win is a win and nah my confidence might be a little higher, but I expected to win that game and I’ve been thinking this Eagles team can win 7 or more for a while. I want to win this game, but if I had to choose I would rather win next week and SF can beat us in the home opener but it’s not gonna be a blowout by any means.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

A win is a win and nah my confidence might be a little higher, but I expected to win that game and I’ve been thinking this Eagles team can win 7 or more for a while. I want to win this game, but if I had to choose I would rather win next week and SF can beat us in the home opener but it’s not gonna be a blowout by any means.

This level of certainty is frequently absurd for the often random sport of football. 

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I don't expect it to be a blowout but there are ways it can become one, especially if the Niners jump out to a quick start. I just think the Eagles DL is going to be able to be disruptive enough to keep the Niners from running away from it. The Niners also have enough injury question marks where you can't feel too confident about the game. But I expect Bosa and the boys to play well and stop the run better than they did last week and to win it at the end by two scores. 

2 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

This level of certainty is frequently absurd for the often random sport of football. 

What level of certainty? I didn’t really say anything besides I don’t think it will be a blowout.

55 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't expect it to be a blowout but there are ways it can become one, especially if the Niners jump out to a quick start. I just think the Eagles DL is going to be able to be disruptive enough to keep the Niners from running away from it. The Niners also have enough injury question marks where you can't feel too confident about the game. But I expect Bosa and the boys to play well and stop the run better than they did last week and to win it at the end by two scores. 

We’ll see. I think we have a more talented roster than people thought coming into this season even before week 1. Our o-like is likely top 5 when healthy especially at run blocking and you think you are gonna go from getting ran on by Detroit to not getting ran on by us? Alright 😅😂

And, yeah I’m not really worried about any of your corners and Bosa and that front 7 is less scary when our line is healthy and we have competent play calling. Interested if Kinlaw and Armstread will suit up since both were listed as questionable.

Atlanta Philly had 0 turnovers combined last Sunday. Hoping this game has a bit more chaos. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

What level of certainty? I didn’t really say anything besides I don’t think it will be a blowout.

We’ll see. I think we have a more talented roster than people thought coming into this season even before week 1. Our o-like is likely top 5 when healthy especially at run blocking and you think you are gonna go from getting ran on by Detroit to not getting ran on by us? Alright 😅😂

And, yeah I’m not really worried about any of your corners and Bosa and that front 7 is less scary when our line is healthy and we have competent play calling. Interested if Kinlaw and Armstread will suit up since both were listed as questionable.

Atlanta Philly had 0 turnovers combined last Sunday. Hoping this game has a bit more chaos. 

I mean it looks like Kinlaw is a go this week and that will help the run defense out big time. I didn't say the defense will stop the Eagles run offense, just that they will defend it better than what they did last week. Now the run defense can be better with the Eagles having more rushing yards than the Lions due to Hurts. 

Our corners should not scare you, especially with Verrett gone. But our LBs and safeties are awesome in coverage. There is a reason this defense has been top 5 against the pass in back to back years. Despite Goff's garbage time stats, he still averaged less than 6 YPA. 

Eagles being as good as they are in the trenches will help them keep the game competitive. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:
5 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm actually picking the eagles in this one

Of course you are, of course you are!! 

I wasn't feeling confident, but now that forge has picked against us, I know we can't lose!! 

I was worried about the eagles partly because the last four minutes of the Detroit game left a bad taste in my mouth. I rewatched it twice, and I was reminded how dominant we were for 56 minutes. That game was never close until literally the last minute. It was a blowout. This team might be the best 49er team in the last 20 years 

My other concerns were mainly focused on their DL. After watching their game against the falcons twice, I see a very clear path to victory for us. I don't think there is anything the eagles can show us that we aren't prepared for. Our OL is ready for the challenge. This offense is a buzzsaw. Just need to go out and execute plays. We are going to have so many big chunk plays I'm actually salivating. We are so much more talented at our skill positions compared to their back 7, I feel confident in winning those matchups even if we didn't have a schematic advantage. With Kyle calling plays? Buzzsaw szn 

Keep the foot on the gas, and eventually keep the foot on their throat. 

On 9/17/2021 at 3:17 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Shanny is 0-2 against the Eagles. He gotta beat us before I respect him. 👀

Sirianni has never won more than one game in any of the seasons he's been a head coach. He gotta get 2 wins before I respect him.

• Like 1