WEEK 2: UNDEFEATED 1-0 Denver Broncos @ 0-1 Jacksonville Jaguars - 11.00am MDT /// 1.00pm EDT

lomaxgrUK

Struggling for time but thought I'd get the thread going.

Early kick off out East - never easy, regardless of the opponent.

A replicated Offensive performance with increased execution in key spots (Hamler drop, Albert O fumble) would be lovely.

Defensively, the key against rookie QBs is always early downs. Get them in 3rd and long to throw in them exotic blitzes and coverages on the back end. But, if you let them get going on early downs in the run game, you then open yourself to play action with easy reads for the QB.

2 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

The Jags are a dumpster fire. Unlike the Giants game where I just wanted a win by any means, I’d be disappointed if we don’t win with some style points here.

If we follow the same game plan this should be over early.

I don’t think JAX has the front 7 to take advantage of our OL. One thing I think I noticed though, is that while I’d say the OL wasn’t great vs NYG, I thought they got some pretty decent help from the backs and TE’s. I can’t think of a serious missed assignment by that group in pass pro (granted, I probably missed about one third of the game.)

And while I think our front 7 should be able to beat their OL consistently, the Jags have a sneaky good set of offensive weapons that could cause a problem if we don’t get to Lawrence. 

Give me the good guys winning 26-10. 

Early east coast game aside, I'm not worried about this one at all. 

Thought hiring Urban Meyer was a pretty big mistake, Lawrence has flashed but is gonna be prone to mistakes, their defense isn't very good either and I think Von/Chubb (if he's a go) will live in the backfield. 

They have some solid WR but that's our strength, even with Darby going to IR. I'll definitely be looking at PS2, he didn't look great in his only target last week (TD to Shepard) but that was a tough cover with no help over the top. Josh Allen is talented but that's why we paid Bolles. Healthy dose of the running game and hopefully Sutton gets back into the groove being the #1 WR now.

I think we’ll take this one, but it’ll be closer than people think. Denver coming off a big east coast road win but going into another east coast road game, this time an early one. Jags coming off an embarrassing blowout loss to a team everyone thought were going to be terrible. Big bounce back game for them and down to earth game for us.

I’ll say the Broncos take it 20-17 in OT. 

I'll be disappointed personally if we don't win this comfortably. Jacksonville's defense is a turnstile. Houston had a good day against them, so there's really no reason we can't do the same. That said, I've seen Denver lay an egg in this situation before so I'm being a little cautious with my expectations, but if we want to be a playoff contender, these are the kind of games we need to win.

I'll say 28-17 Denver.

8 hours ago, paul-mac said:

I think we’ll take this one, but it’ll be closer than people think. Denver coming off a big east coast road win but going into another east coast road game, this time an early one. Jags coming off an embarrassing blowout loss to a team everyone thought were going to be terrible. Big bounce back game for them and down to earth game for us.

I’ll say the Broncos take it 20-17 in OT. 

I understand the reasoning but just don't see it happening.

Week after week Fangio runs out a very well prepared, focused team. No reason to think that will stop.

I'd just follow the Houston blueprint on this one, which was a healthy dose of Mark Ingram, some Phillip Lindsay, and a little bit of David Johnson, and then Tyrod managing the rest of the game.  

What I was really unhappy with last week for the Broncos was that they allowed double digits to the Giants, albeit, a score from DJ during garbage time was the culprit.  I want to see the Broncos either shutout the Jags, or to give up no more than 3 to 6 points.  

Broncos 30 Jags 6

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

I don’t think any of our recent teams, even the VJ teams, would lose this game tbh. It would be one of the most embarrassing losses ever. 

I don't know if that would be the case.  Urban Myer and Lawrence in their first NFL game on the road could flip the switch this week...you never know.