Week 2: Bears vs Bengals

soulman

@Epyon 

Good write up

I will disagree though about Fields. I don't think he looked raw at all. The only negative thing to me was he didn't step up in the pocket enough. He could've kept a few of the read options although maybe Nagy told him not to. If Robinson catches the touchdown and Mooney catches the pass near the sideline (and if Graham knew how to block in the slightest) Fields is 8-13 for ~150 yards and 3 total TD's. That isn't raw at all imo. I know that's a lot of if's, but all 3 of those plays are made 9/10 times (except Graham- he never makes that block)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

@Epyon 

Good write up

I will disagree though about Fields. I don't think he looked raw at all. The only negative thing to me was he didn't step up in the pocket enough. He could've kept a few of the read options although maybe Nagy told him not to. If Robinson catches the touchdown and Mooney catches the pass near the sideline (and if Graham knew how to block in the slightest) Fields is 8-13 for ~150 yards and 3 total TD's. That isn't raw at all imo. I know that's a lot of if's, but all 3 of those plays are made 9/10 times (except Graham- he never makes that block)

Not a lot of "ifs" at all. Those passes all should have been caught. (I'm remembering three, but I can't recall which one you're excluding.) 

You're spot on, there. 

45 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

@Epyon 

Good write up

I missed the play where graham didn't block. In which quarter did this occur?

12 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Yeah he just isn’t good enough.  I wonder if better strategy wouldn’t have been to have so much competition at outside and tried to find 3 best corners.  

In other words would we be better off with Burns or whoever on outside and Vildor at slot.  

You old copy cat you.  I said that after last week..... 🤣

6 hours ago, soulman said:

Only watched some highlight but IMHO the candle on Matt Nagy's career as Bears HC is burning low.  Another gag me with a spoon offensive effort again today.  It's not the QBs guys.  It's Nagy's offense.

Agreed...we beat a team we should be beating...how often do you see a team with a 4-1 turnover ratio only win by 3 points? A win is always great but there are still some major issues here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Agreed...we beat a team we should be beating...how often do you see a team with a 4-1 turnover ratio only win by 3 points? A win is always great but there are still some major issues here.

This was a game we should have won 34-17.  We didn't.

Can some please tell me how many time in the past two seasons and two games this season has Nagy's offense ever scored more than 20 point when Nagy was calling plays?  It's pathetic.

7 hours ago, Nads786 said:

It can’t be that much shorter can it? I try and watch on delay and usually catch up pretty quickly. 

Yes they are usually between 30 -35 minutes.  They skip right to plays though.  Takes forever for them to get that version loaded though.  

1 hour ago, soulman said:

Oh sure.....claim training camp rights when it doesn't count.  😜  🤣

Seriously the three best corners from camp appeared to be johnson, Vildor and Burns.  Burns can’t play slot so answer would seem to be to move Vildor to slot.  Get your three best on field.

Not in practice so I don’t really know, but from preseason that seems to be case.

Not sure why they didn’t at least try it.

• Like 1