52 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best Mod?

• ET
    • ET
    • Forge secretly added third option of "Not ET"
    • Not Forge
    • Not not Forge

56 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

how do any of these harm the game at all? They don't. The owners are just old racist *******s who hate seeing these players celebrate making plays.

It amazes how many halfwits feel the need to play race card these days when it makes absolutely no ******* sense.   

Is it a stupid rule?  Obviously, but the NFL has been cracking down on the "fun" aspect of the game since Goodell took over.    

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, 43M said:
1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

how do any of these harm the game at all? They don't. The owners are just old racist *******s who hate seeing these players celebrate making plays.

It amazes how many halfwits feel the need to play race card these days when it makes absolutely no ******* sense.   

Is it a stupid rule?  Obviously, but the NFL has been cracking down on the "fun" aspect of the game since Goodell took over.    

Playing the race (discrimination) card with out proof of racism is the ultimate petty/sad move that has defined the last half decade in social media and online forums. 

I can not count the number of times morons on here have called Jerry Jones racist in spite of the hundreds of players who have said he is the best owner in the NFL when it comes to how much he loves all people. 

Its pathetic and disgusting. 

Not saying that Flacco is saying all owners are racist, but maybe he is I profoundly disagree with him.

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Playing the race (discrimination) card with out proof of racism is the ultimate petty/sad move that has defined the last half decade in social media and online forums. 

I can not count the number of times morons on here have called Jerry Jones racist in spite of the hundreds of players who have said he is the best owner in the NFL when it comes to how much he loves all people. 

Its pathetic and disgusting. 

Not saying that Flacco is saying all owners are racist, but maybe he is I profoundly disagree with him.

Nope, just the ones (like John Mara) who held a press conference to talk about why this rule was "necessary". You can see the comments in the video linked on the previous page.

“That’s something we discuss every year in the Competition Committee,” Mara said. “We get kind of sick and tired of the taunting that does go on from time to time on the field. We tried to balance the sportsmanship with allowing the players to have fun and there’s always a fine line there, but none of us like to see that. It’s just a question of whether you can have rules that can be enforced and without taking the fun out of the game too, but nobody wants to see a player taunting another player. I know, I certainly don’t. I think the rest of the members of the Competition Committee feel the same way, too.”

It's easy to read between the lines, especially when there wasn't a problem with it in the first place.

12 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Nope, just the ones (like John Mara) who held a press conference to talk about why this rule was "necessary". You can see the comments in the video linked on the previous page.

It's easy to read between the lines, especially when there wasn't a problem with it in the first place.

Mara is my least favorite owner in the league and I wish he would just go away; that said - I disagree about "reading between the lines". Nothing racial was said or hinted at. Creating a narrative that the statement was racial in anyway is exactly what I am saying about social media attempting to make everything discrimination. Its weaksauce. 

If Mara says or does something racist, I hope he is vilified and forced out of the NFL.

But calling him racist because he is old, white and rich makes "you" the bigot, not him. ("you" being individuals who insist on discriminating people based on age, color of skin and income; ie old rich white. Not "you" as in Flacco.).

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Mara is my least favorite owner in the league and I wish he would just go away; that said - I disagree about "reading between the lines". Nothing racial was said or hinted at. Creating a narrative that the statement was racial in anyway is exactly what I am saying about social media attempting to make everything discrimination. Its weaksauce. 

If Mara says or does something racist, I hope he is vilified and forced out of the NFL.

But calling him racist because he is old, white and rich makes "you" the bigot, not him. ("you" being individuals who insist on discriminating people based on age, color of skin and income; ie old rich white. Not "you" as in Flacco.).

We can debate all day whether PR comments should be taken at face value or examined in deeper depth. If you choose to believe his comments at face value and choose to believe there's nothing deeper rooted in why he felt "taunting" needed to be removed from the game, fine, I can't argue that with you.

Bottom line, this rule was created out of thin air by owners who were tired of seeing players excited and talking smack to each other in a physical game where you exert dominance over another individual. They created a "solution" to a problem which didn't exist, solely because their enjoyment of the sport was being "ruined" by these young athletes celebrating after plays.

It's a garbage rule and should be undone immediately.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

We can debate all day whether PR comments should be taken at face value or examined in deeper depth. If you choose to believe his comments at face value and choose to believe there's nothing deeper rooted in why he felt "taunting" needed to be removed from the game, fine, I can't argue that with you.

Bottom line, this rule was created out of thin air by owners who were tired of seeing players excited and talking smack to each other in a physical game where you exert dominance over another individual. They created a "solution" to a problem which didn't exist, solely because their enjoyment of the sport was being "ruined" by these young athletes celebrating after plays.

It's a garbage rule and should be undone immediately.

I agree with this post 100%

Jimmy G has a 111.4 rating through 2 weeks as the 49ers are 2-0.

That puts him as the 9th highest rated QB in the league but last in his own division.

NFC West QBs are not messing around.

Pre-Thanksgiving MVP regular Russell Wilson is at a filthy 146.9 through 2 games.

5 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Pre-Thanksgiving MVP regular Russell Wilson is at a filthy 146.9 through

@Ray Reed, @AFlaccoSeagulls => boom, it only took a couple hours and I have already spotted someone throwing shade at end of the season Wilson. 

I dont remember who else was in that debate to tag. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

@Ray Reed, @AFlaccoSeagulls => boom, it only took a couple hours and I have already spotted someone throwing shade at end of the season Wilson. 

I dont remember who else was in that debate to tag. 

To be clear, he is fine in December and actually good in most Decembers, he just does not hold onto that MVP level.

There are worse things to be than the 3rd to 5th best statistical QB most years.

7 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

To be clear, he is fine in December and actually good in most Decembers, he just does not hold onto that MVP level.

There are worse things to be than the 3rd to 5th best statistical QB most years.

Those cats were saying no one ever knocks Wilson especially when it comes to the playoffs. I was a bit shocked as I see people knock the annual Wilson decline pretty regularly. 

15 minutes ago, Suffering_Bills said:

General discussion? Okay..... -A.J. Epenesa and Gregory Rousseau are shaping up to be the best (very) young bookends at DE in the entire NFL. 

I'm still very upset that the Texans passed on Epenesa for Ross Blacklock...

• Like 1