GDT 9/19/21 Week 2: 0-1 Baltimore Ravens vs 1-0 Kansas City Chiefs

DreamKid

5 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Glad that kid can put the "no sacks in his final year" debate to bed in week 2 LOL

Him not getting any sacks last year was such a blessing in disguise from our standpoint. Even like 4 or 5 sacks would have been enough with his measurables for him to go top 15. Insane that we got an impact freak like this at the end of the 1st round. 

1 minute ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Greg Roman deserves credit for keeping his cool and sticking with the run even when we were down. Passing game also looked dynamic. Can't wait for Bateman to get healthy.

That 3rd down catch by Watkins to give us a makeable 4th down play was huge too. 

Fine, I'll give him credit for running the football even though it should've been common sense. :D

On 5/5/2021 at 8:20 PM, wackywabbit said:

I didn't think it was possible (because R. Bateman is literally exactly what I wanted and the team needed), but now that I've actually looked closely at the players we selected... this has become my favorite pick of the draft. This guy is going to be a super. We just drafted a future all-pro.

He's a Jadeveon Clowney type athlete without any of the hype. He can be complacent and/or just have ok drive and be the next Clowney. Or he can be what Clowney was supposed to be.

I push back hard against anyone saying he is high upside/low floor. His "low floor" is what Clowney actually became. Sure, that's a bust a #1 overall/most hyped defensive player in a decade expectations, but not at #31.

😎

Not too soon to say this guy is the second most important player on our defense is it? Recency aside, who would be the challenger?

Just now, SalvadorsDeli said:

Insane that we got an impact freak like this at the end of the 1st round. 

It's not like everyone was wrong either, he is a project. Just so happens he's a project player capable of contributing right away. Ceiling is scary on this kid.

Making plays like this early is huge for a player with his level of experience too. He'll trust himself more and play faster right away.

57 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Greg Roman deserves credit for keeping his cool and sticking with the run even when we were down. Passing game also looked dynamic. Can't wait for Bateman to get healthy.

That 3rd down catch by Watkins to give us a makeable 4th down play was huge too. 

We finally have legitimate talent at the receiving position with the trio of Watkins, Hollywood, and Andrews. Lamar has just enough help where the team can have his back and allow him to play himself out of a hole. That’s the difference.

You can’t beat a team like the Chiefs unless you have enough explosiveness/talent and we have that juice. Bateman coming back should only add to what we have. 

Reminder that we were missing Ronnie Stanley, JK Dobbins, Gus Edwards, Nick Boyle, Rashod Bateman, Derek Wolfe, LJ Fort, Marcus Peters, and Jimmy Smith + we lost Deshon Elliot, Brandon Williams, and I think Tavon Young during the game(Hopefully they're all okay 🤞). 

To down the Chiefs with that many injuries, a Pick 6 and another bad INT to start the game, and no lead until the 4th. That's pretty crazy. 

Sucks we won't get to see the full health version of this current squad, but I'm all for surprising folks this season!!! 

• Like 1

I think Collinsworth touched on it but Chris Jones at DE was a game-changer for us. He seemed to always blow us up at DT where he was almost unblockable. Now playing DE against us he was effectively neutered trying to contain and play the RPO. Lamar seemed to have a lot of 8-9 yard gains navigating his way right up the middle and he probably isn't able to do that with Jones playing DT.

• Like 2