The Mike Vrabel thread (+ coaching staff)

deeluxx3

Just now, deeluxx3 said:

chig as a rookie was near the top of rookie TEs in touches/yards. He’s sucked this year but we’ve tried to get him the ball and he hasn’t done anything until recently 

spears as a rookie is near the top of rookie RBs in touches/yards

can we criticize situations where both could’ve used more looks? Sure. But it’s not like either are being ignored in the grand scheme of our offense over the course of a season. 

this is not a response to anything i just said lol. you said “nobody has answers” with respect to what they’d like to see different in terms of playcalling. you got a bunch of different answers and have decided to ignore them. not sure why i bothered!

9 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I’m not making any hypotheticals

you said he isn’t an innovator when it comes to coaching 

at the time, Day was considered an offensive genius. He tried to hire him. Innovative.

LeFleur and smith got HC jobs. OCs who get HC jobs are considered innovative. 

I think there’s plenty about vrabel to criticize, especially this year. But at least make a point that is actually a reflection of what he’s done. 

Again he didn’t hire Day therefore it’s not reality as you said, you just brought up something in defense to vrabel. Now back to his OC hires in Leflur & Smith. Leflur wasn’t spectacular due to being handicapped by mariota smith was good but we still had issue with him as every OC we done had, that’s stubbornly running the ball forcing the run & being too conservative at times. Again when have you seen the philosophy change since he’s been here you’ve yet to answer my question you never do & all it turns into is a big disagreement that we’ll never agree or see eye to eye on. He’s fisher 2.0 he doesn’t change his offensive philosophy all he wants to do is be run 1st  I don’t understand how you don’t get it my guy. We’re run 1st 12 personnel heavy play action pass his entire tenure nothing new. 

7 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

this is not a response to anything i just said lol. you said “nobody has answers” with respect to what they’d like to see different in terms of playcalling. you got a bunch of different answers and have decided to ignore them. not sure why i bothered!

to quote you:

"what does matter is the obvious point that we do have a couple of guys in chig and tyjae who are plus-plus athletes for their position and good YAC guys, but we do very little to intentionally get the ball in their hands on high-percentage passing plays."

we clearly make an effort to get the ball in both Chig's and Tajae's hands

but plz dont bother. I blocked you a while ago and idk why Im eating the carrot. I should go eat some ice cream instead.

7 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

to quote you:

"what does matter is the obvious point that we do have a couple of guys in chig and tyjae who are plus-plus athletes for their position and good YAC guys, but we do very little to intentionally get the ball in their hands on high-percentage passing plays."

we clearly make an effort to get the ball in both Chig's and Tajae's hands

but plz dont bother. I blocked you a while ago and idk why Im eating the carrot. I should go eat some ice cream instead.

I’m sorry, you’re going to come at me for “reading comprehension” (while butchering the definition of a basic word) and then flat-out ignore a part of that quoted sentence to suit your needs? what words come after “we do very little to intentionally get the ball in their hands?” do you think those words might indicate a different meaning than the one you’ve chosen to run with? it’s just constant bad-faith dishonesty with you. i tried to give a legitimate detailed answer to what i thought was an honest question and was met with a bunch of obfuscating nonsense and personal jabs. guess i shouldn't have been so gullible.

Edited by -Hope-
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

I’m sorry, you’re going to come at me for “reading comprehension” (while butchering the definition of a basic word) and then flat-out ignore a part of that quoted sentence to suit your needs? what words come after “we do very little to intentionally get the ball in their hands?” do you think those words might indicate a different meaning than the one you’ve chosen to run with? it’s just constant bad-faith dishonesty with you. i tried to give a legitimate detailed answer to what i thought was an honest question and was met with a bunch of obfuscating nonsense and personal jabs. guess i shouldn't have been so gullible.

Was the deep shot we took to spears against Miami a screen? How about the one against Pitt that he and Levis weren’t on the same page on?

what team is going deep to their RB every game? 

spears gets his opps. Maybe today he didn’t. But in general, as a rookie RB, he gets a very fair share of looks. In a variety of ways 

4 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Was the deep shot we took to spears against Miami a screen? How about the one against Pitt that he and Levis weren’t on the same page on?

spears gets his opps. Maybe today he didn’t. But in general, as a rookie RB, he gets a very fair share of looks. In a variety of ways 

dude....genuinely, what are you talking about? i'm not calling for more deep shots to spears. i've said very explicitly in my prior post what i'd like to see in regards to spears usage and our quick passing game, and at this point after being misinterpreted a couple times in a row i don't feel like repeating myself. have a good night.

11 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I don’t know a team that takes a deep shot with their RB every game but I do know you’re suppose to play to win the game & the best way to go bout that, is by trying to create mismatches. As we know he’s a threat in space & we’re too busy being committed to the run though so heyyyy I guess today wasn’t his day 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I don’t know how you guys have the energy to go at each other after these losses. I am straight defeated like I literally lost the game. Sundays are tough. lol. This team be sending me through a roller coaster of emotions. Monday had me pumped, now I am deflated as all hell.

as animated as i can get during the game, it’s been years since i took those feelings too far past 0:00 on the clock. when i was a kid i’d be bummed out at school for the next couple days. as an adult? not worth it, especially since the team has been mediocre-to-bad for a lot of those years. i like to go back and forth about the team on here but the losses don’t crush me the way they used to. that sort of thing isn’t sustainable.

25 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

as animated as i can get during the game, it’s been years since i took those feelings too far past 0:00 on the clock. when i was a kid i’d be bummed out at school for the next couple days. as an adult? not worth it, especially since the team has been mediocre-to-bad for a lot of those years. i like to go back and forth about the team on here but the losses don’t crush me the way they used to. that sort of thing isn’t sustainable.

I mean it sucks. I usually have to decompress for an hour after the game then I am fine. Not saying that it throws my week into a mess, but I don't have the energy to hop on here and go at it with another Titans fan after enduring a loss that already annoyed me. I have also been mega competitive my whole life, just hate losing. I know this isnt in my control but I still hate it. I want to win.

Edited by twotonebluenation

52 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I mean it sucks. I usually have to decompress for an hour after the game then I am fine. Not saying that it throws my week into a mess, but I don't have the energy to hop on here and go at it with another Titans fan after enduring a loss that already annoyed me. I have also been mega competitive my whole life, just hate losing. I know this isnt in my control but I still hate it. I want to win.

That’s it at the end of the day we as fans want to win but people feel your opinion is a overreaction & when you give ‘em facts for some reason it’s not the truth. I’ve supported vrabel for the longest. I just don’t understand what has he done that makes him untouchable & so great, we’ve literally seen the Eagles win a SB & fire their coach a few years later & got back to the SB. Like I keep saying my issue with vrabel is he’s shown no willingness to change his offensive philosophy. I’m a believer that unless you have an elite QB, a game changer you can’t do the same thing every yr thinking you’ll win a SB, good coaches adjust. How many times we’ve seen the Patriots offensive philosophy change during their era, 3-4 times. Brady started off a game manager, elite defense ran the ball the 1st 3 SB  then they went high octane passing with moss, welker & stalworth stretching the field. Moss & stalworth leave they adjust go 2 TE set & using the RB in the passing game. look at Sean McVay how his offense changed once Gurley couldn’t carry the team & Goff couldn’t get them over the hump without a dominant run game, he adjusted went & got him a QB in stafford. Now let’s go Andy Reid he changed philosophy 3 x to win a SB. Who remember Alex smith who honestly had more talent with the chiefs than mahomes but he couldn’t push the ball down field. Okay they win 1 with Hill, then he trade hill, lean more on the run game become less explosive,but he adjusted for crying out loud. When Da 🗣FuQ is vrabel gone adjust not 1 time in his tenure here has he changed his approach offensively it’s been run 1st 12 personnel play action since Laflur, Art, downing & Kelly. Granted we had more speed at the WR’s position with art but we still didn’t use our personnel at times to our advantage to create mismatches. And during our SB window this man ego so big he hiring inexperienced & washed up failure coordinators to the defense & offense, all because they’re his buddy. I do not trust him with Levi’s at all he’s in over his head he’s full of himself.  It wouldn’t shock me if Kelly left somehow got with a HC that has a brain & let him simply run the offense without his input & tell Kelly this your offense & its top 10 in the league. 

Edited by TitanRedd
  • Like 1

I don't care what we do this off-season as it pertains to changing the coach/coaches, the trainers changing the turf on the field etc. whatever, we need to start figuring out a way to compile talent consistently. If you look around the league at the most consistent teams, they consistently get guys in the draft who can contribute. We cant even get guys who can stay on the field. Its not rocket science.

As much as we want to point fingers or say this or that, its almost impossible to fully evaluate anything with the piss poor level of talent we have put on the field.

I am willing to listen to everyones issues with Vrabel, and I understand, but at the same time, how can a coach be who he really wants to be with the turn-style of garbage we are fielding in droves at some of these position groups. I mean come on the dude has this defense balling at times while consistently relying on the likes of Eric Garror. Its so hard to fully point a finger at a dude when you give him government cheese to cook with. He has to be losing his mind. When you have that talent pool I believe it puts you in a box.

Idk how to feel or think about anything as it pertains to what is the right decisions for the future, but whether we need a new coach or not, we need to start adding talent now and fast.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

I don’t know how you guys have the energy to go at each other after these losses. I am straight defeated like I literally lost the game. Sundays are tough. lol. This team be sending me through a roller coaster of emotions. Monday had me pumped, now I am deflated as all hell.

It's so entertaining to read though! I don't know why some of you guys block each other (not talking about you), I for one find the salt and delusion to be funny. lmao

4 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

https://x.com/jrcarterjr/status/1736778584012861866?s=46&t=Ukw_5LibYaKH6esx9aawEw
again no interest in adapting stuck to being 1 dimensional 

That quote worries me. It leads me to believe that nothing will change. 
It's not about running the ball a lot to me. It's about how and when. 

You are just being stubborn. Top 5 against the run. Zach Wilson just tore them apart. Why not test them through the air. 

It's almost like playing the Chiefs and being like, "yeah they like to throw the ball, but we want to stop the run, because that's how we win games." You adjust with every game. 

If a team has a weak run defense, Run the ball. If they can't stop the pass, Pass the ball.

Teams do that to us all the time!

• Like 1