The Mike Vrabel thread (+ coaching staff)

deeluxx3

Also funny we got analytics Vrabel going for 2 there at the end. Savvy stuff. Everyone is free to think whatever they want about Vrabel, do your thing. But I hear blasphemous stuff from this fanbase at times about him. Dude is the farthest thing from an idiot or terrible. And be careful what you wish for when you just want him gone. 

Look what happens when you get him a smidgin of playmakers on offense (Spears, Dhop, annd Levis) and he can take care of the defense. I have my concerns with Vrabel as well, but I still stand on the idea that if we get him guys, he can get us to the promised land. I think he coaches to the talent he has on the field. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Also funny we got analytics Vrabel going for 2 there at the end. Savvy stuff. Everyone is free to think whatever they want about Vrabel, do your thing. But I hear blasphemous stuff from this fanbase at times about him. Dude is the farthest thing from an idiot or terrible. And be careful what you wish for when you just want him gone. 

Look what happens when you get him a smidgin of playmakers on offense (Spears, Dhop, annd Levis) and he can take care of the defense. I have my concerns with Vrabel as well, but I still stand on the idea that if we get him guys, he can get us to the promised land. I think he coaches to the talent he has on the field. 

Yeah some of massive overreactions in last nights thread were ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Yeah some of massive overreactions in last nights thread were ridiculous. 

I think it was reasonable to be pretty pissed at that game. 
The fumbled punt. The toss fumble. Some of the throw away 2nd and long run calls up the middle.  The head scratching approach to the end of the half. 

The two late turnovers are when I was ready to just trade everyone. To continually have the same problem on punts is ridiculous. How can you even try to field that punt? At that time, I don't think I could hate a Titans team more than I did in that moment.  

I can take getting beat because you don't have the players. But when you have chances to win and you allow blocked punts, missed field goals, DPI, Defensive Holding, fumbled tosses or consistent pre-snap penalties, then I  just can't swallow that. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I think it was reasonable to be pretty pissed at that game. 
The fumbled punt. The toss fumble. Some of the throw away 2nd and long run calls up the middle.  The head scratching approach to the end of the half. 

The two late turnovers are when I was ready to just trade everyone. To continually have the same problem on punts is ridiculous. How can you even try to field that punt? At that time, I don't think I could hate a Titans team more than I did in that moment.  

I can take getting beat because you don't have the players. But when you have chances to win and you allow blocked punts, missed field goals, DPI, Defensive Holding, fumbled tosses or consistent pre-snap penalties, then I  just can't swallow that. 

Agree. I treat gamedays on here just like a bunch of bros talking sh*t and overreacting. It'd be boring if we were rational during the game lol

Edited by Justin615$
  • Like 1

Titan fans tend to be the lamest when it comes to not sticking by their team and overreacting.  The team has had RECORD injuries the last three years and add to that the bad GM moves at OT, trading AJ, first round pick of a CB that doesn't even play and when he does sucks.  Henry ran for 2000 yards with Quessenberry and Kelly as the OTs.  But hey, Vrabel has a lame offense.  

We also had two of the best OCs but lost both to HC positions.  Damn you Vrabel.

Then we have one of the most exciting wins in team history, beating a top team undefeated at home when we had not won on the road, with a rookie QB, LT, LG and numerous 2nd year guys.  But instead focus on the negative.  Down, crying in our crib.  It was a rookie that cost us the game last week on STs or we beat the Colts.  

And yes, good players commit fewer mistakes and penalties as do veteran players.  The defense literally kept the Dolphins out of the endzone since they scored 21 points on turnovers. Hey, ignore that.  Maybe some more experience and better players fixes a bunch of the mistakes.  Like having a legit punt returner on the team instead of an UDFA rookie.  Levis is playing very well for a rookie QB and won us the game.

Bottom line there was much more positive in this game than negative.  That even with the bonehead turnovers at the end we still had the testicles to fight back and win the game.  The DC did a great job minus Simmons (waaa, but they had some good runs).  Some of the play calls were brilliant especially going down the stretch.  The pass to Spears down to the 5 was ridiculous.  The long catch by Hopkins was HOF.  but hey, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.  It wasn't perfect.  

I tend to look at last nights game as further reason to move on. I know he has games like this in him, but it makes the games like CLE, TB, IND(x2), JAX, PIT more of an indictment of why we can't we even play good week in week out. A couple of those games were against better teams, but we weren't even competitive. 

Also last night was a glimpse into what the NFL in the 2020's is...of course we only did it out of pure necessity and for 4:30. MIA was in prevent for sure, but by going with such a fast tempo we were able to leverage the opponents fatigue to match our lack of talent/playmakers...and what do you know we moved the ball. I fully understand we can't play every game like the last 5 minutes of this game, but we haven't done it all year. All because Vrabel wants to smash you in the mouth and grind out the game. If he had shown the slightest willingness to progress and play current NFL style I would be more of a supporter because he is a good in game coach most of the time. 

Last night was a good game for him, but to use it as a reason to say he should be cemented in as the coach for the future is a criminal as using CLE where we had a total of 94 yards or the TB game where we had 209 as reasons to fire him...for me it is a cumulative of not evolving and adapting to your personnel offensively. I think that can only be done with an offensive HC or a HC that will give control of the offense to maximize the QB's talent. I also think the potential emergence of Levis is also reason to hire and offensive mine to ensure we get the most out of him. Vrabel is as likely to want to draft another 240LB running back as a speedster WR...because it fits the system he wants to run, and I am not sure that's the best way to utilize Levis' talents. 

Oh, and by the way, I am not trying to say anyone who wants him to stay is wrong...it' just my opinion that he aint it. If we win out it won't change my mind, unless we see a shift in offensive mentality...if we win out in a bunch of 16-13 games...I won't feel like he is a guy that can win us a SB in this current NFL.

Edited by Dr.Doom52

You can’t tell me as the HC you don’t have the power to overrule your OC. Sure Kelly make some questionable stupid calls, but I find it hard to believe that this is the same play caller that had Deshaun Watson looking like a top 5 QB, to even having David mills step in as a rookie playing very solid, be this mediocre as a play caller. Vrabel has a pulse in the offense. 

58 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

You can’t tell me as the HC you don’t have the power to overrule your OC. Sure Kelly make some questionable stupid calls, but I find it hard to believe that this is the same play caller that had Deshaun Watson looking like a top 5 QB, to even having David mills step in as a rookie playing very solid, be this mediocre as a play caller. Vrabel has a pulse in the offense. 

I just want Levis career to be special. Whatever it takes, because I think he has the juice. I see a guy who can be great. With or without Vrabel, the organization better make the right decision. 

I think Vrabel being here longer or not depends on if he has talent next year. Whether people want Vrabel here or not, I think it will wane on that.

7 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I just want Levis career to be special. Whatever it takes, because I think he has the juice. I see a guy who can be great. With or without Vrabel, the organization better make the right decision. 

I think Vrabel being here longer or not depends on if he has talent next year. Whether people want Vrabel here or not, I think it will wane on that.

I think with vrabel Levi’s ceiling is a game manager without him & a OC with a brain he can be dynamic a game changer our Big Ben with a lil Josh Allen. I’m sold on the kid I see the potential I don’t want vrabel wasting his potential like this organization has done with every QB we’ve drafted 

3 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I think with vrabel Levi’s ceiling is a game manager without him & a OC with a brain he can be dynamic a game changer our Big Ben with a lil Josh Allen. I’m sold on the kid I see the potential I don’t want vrabel wasting his potential like this organization has done with every QB we’ve drafted 

I really like Vrabel but I see the flaws, its hard for me to understand what is the right move. I dont care about being right about him being fired or not I just want us to figure this **** out. Especially now that it looks like we got a guy.

3 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

He can’t coach he has shown he doesn’t adjust to his personnel it’s run the ball or die trying, & if we pass it’s play action long deep routes 

What should we be doing right now with our offensive personnel that we aren’t currently doing?

its a serious question. What should we be doing with an OL that can’t pass block, Hopkins, NWI, Burks, Moore and Chig?

Who from that group can consistent win one on ones?

im sure we can be “more creative”. But I’m genuinely curious as to what you think we could be doing with our personnel that we aren’t doing now

edit - and I’m not saying this to defend coaches. Multiple posters on here keep challenging our scheme, etc and saying our personnel could be doing more. Yet nobody has an answer as to what 

Edited by deeluxx3
  • Like 1