The Mike Vrabel thread (+ coaching staff)

deeluxx3

7 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

This is what I was just talking about in my above post. Where there’s smoke…

i mean, is there? i don't know much about fowler, but forbes and JLC are literally two of the most disreputable names in the business, and the quote from graziano is a total nothing-burger.

Start with the Patriots 1st round pick and we’ll talk. Look I think Vrabel is a good HC. He’s stubborn about his “guys” and his scheme and the style of play he wants but he’s had success here we haven’t seen in years. If the OL was at least average this year, we probably are competing for the division. Having said that, if he wants out and the Patriots want him so bad, they can send them picks. Give me an offensive coach like Ben Johnson and let’s get rolling. Draft an OT and WR in the 1st round with our pick and the Pats. I mean it changes the team immensely. 

Edited by ttitansfan4life
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i mean, is there? i don't know much about fowler, but forbes and JLC are literally two of the most disreputable names in the business, and the quote from graziano is a total nothing-burger.

Maybe it’s nothing but after I put my head in the sand when there was murmurs about AJ being unhappy/traded before it happened, I’m not going to completely dismiss this.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

This is what I was just talking about in my above post. Where there’s smoke…

Im with you in the smoke/fire notion. I just don't think Vrabel wants to be here right now. He probably wanted more say in the GM hire than he got, but at the same time it seems like he has more "power" in the building than RC does, so idk what he wants. This is a good gig for Vrabel in the grand scheme of the NFL.

if I had to choose today between RC and Vrabel, I'm going RC. He has the benefit of the unknown, but the pedigree is intriguing and his first offseason/draft was overall a good one all things considered.

• Like 1

The way I say it is true is like this...

All his guys are gone or going. 

Henry. Tannehill. AJ. Byard. Ben Jones. Lewan. 

The guys he built it with are gone. Only Big Jeff here and that likely isn't enough. 

He was sad to make the change to Levis from Tannehill likely wasn't totally his choice. 

The more I think about it. The more I can see truth. 

And if that is the case. Trade him. 

And I won't be sad at all. 

Edited by KingTitan

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

The way I saw it is true is like this...

All his guys are gone or going. 

Henry. Tannehill. AJ. Byard. Ben Jones. Lewan. 

The guys he built it with are gone. Only Big Jeff here and that likely isn't enough. 

He was sad to make the change to Levis from Tannehill likely wasn't totally his choice. 

The more I think about it. The more I can see truth. 

And if that is the case. Trade him. 

And I won't be sad at all. 

if all of the above is true, then boo fricking hoo.

guys come and go every year.

And, regardless if he ends up being a long term answer, any coach who loves Tannehill should be thrilled to move onto a guy like Levis. He, like Tanny, is tough as nails and loves ball. It's not like you're moving onto a primadonna like VY or a charmin soft Mariota.

Love Vrabel. Love love love Vrabes. Don't think Ben Johnson or Bobby Slowik just come in here and make everything better.

The reality also is...as much of a mess as we are right now...we'd actually be an intriguing job. Owner who wants to win, GM who doesn't seem like an arse, tons of $$, high draft spot, Levis....and you'd rather go to NE?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

if all of the above is true, then boo fricking hoo.

guys come and go every year.

And, regardless if he ends up being a long term answer, any coach who loves Tannehill should be thrilled to move onto a guy like Levis. He, like Tanny, is tough as nails and loves ball. It's not like you're moving onto a primadonna like VY or a charmin soft Mariota.

Love Vrabel. Love love love Vrabes. Don't think Ben Johnson or Bobby Slowik just come in here and make everything better.

The reality also is...as much of a mess as we are right now...we'd actually be an intriguing job. Owner who wants to win, GM who doesn't seem like an arse, tons of $$, high draft spot, Levis....and you'd rather go to NE?

we'd be one of the better jobs on the market, maybe the best. you could argue the chargers because they've got herbert, but they're in cap hell right now. we're low on talent but have got a ton of space, a promising young QB, and probably at least a little more draft capital if we end up trading vrabel (i'm not expecting anything insane like NE's top-5 pick this year, but a future first would perhaps be in play).

• Like 1

How sad that letting Robinson rule over Vrabel and make the call to get rid of AJ is the domino that potentially led to this divorce if this **** is true(which I'm not sure of, but if it is).

Super bowl caliber coach and something that stupid being what started unraveling it all.

A Tannehill implosion vs Cincy away from a super bowl ring and none of this even being discussed.

3 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

How sad that letting Robinson rule over Vrabel and make the call to get rid of AJ is the domino that potentially led to this divorce if this **** is true(which I'm not sure of, but if it is).

Super bowl caliber coach and something that stupid being what started unraveling it all.

A Tannehill implosion vs Cincy away from a super bowl ring and none of this even being discussed.

man, what? there was an entire AFC championship game in between cincy and us getting to the super bowl that year, never mind winning it. i don't actually see any reason that insane counterfactuals from three years ago need to be discussed right now. 

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

man, what? there was an entire AFC championship game in between cincy and us getting to the super bowl that year, never mind winning it. i don't actually see any reason that insane counterfactuals from three years ago need to be discussed right now. 

We ran a train on both Kansas City and LA that year. Vrabel has shown he has a pretty good grasp on how to slow Kansas City down, and the ability to get pressure with 4 and drop 7 is what really gets KC to struggle, and our front was playing other worldly over that stretch. The one issue going forward in that playoff run would have been Tannehill imploding in a different game.

And it's just a sad state of affairs that we were so close and the rug was pulled. 2021 season will always bother me, and would suck knowing how close we were and then just blew it all up, starting with that one move, if this stuff comes true.

18 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

We ran a train on both Kansas City and LA that year. Vrabel has shown he has a pretty good grasp on how to slow Kansas City down, and the ability to get pressure with 4 and drop 7 is what really gets KC to struggle, and our front was playing other worldly over that stretch. The one issue going forward in that playoff run would have been Tannehill imploding in a different game.

And it's just a sad state of affairs that we were so close and the rug was pulled. 2021 season will always bother me, and would suck knowing how close we were and then just blew it all up, starting with that one move, if this stuff comes true.

it hurt of course, but i think we all knew it was going to be a short window. you don't build a durable competitor on a running back and a 30+ year old game manager. robinson whiffing on a half dozen tackles and vrabel absolutely blowing an OC hire...that's how the cookie crumbles. the old 'not for long' adage rings true still. 

i'd still be pretty surprised if vrabel doesn't get another year here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Start with the Patriots 1st round pick and we’ll talk. Look I think Vrabel is a good HC. He’s stubborn about his “guys” and his scheme and the style of play he wants but he’s had success here we haven’t seen in years. If the OL was at least average this year, we probably are competing for the division. Having said that, if he wants out and the Patriots want him so bad, they can send them picks. Give me an offensive coach like Ben Johnson and let’s get rolling. Draft an OT and WR in the 1st round with our pick and the Pats. I mean it changes the team immensely. 

Be realistic you’re not getting a 1st rd pick for vrabel he’s a subpar 500 coach that hasn’t won sh!t but a couple AFC south division titles. Give us a 3rd I’ll gladly accept if I’m the titans 

• Like 1