The Mike Vrabel thread (+ coaching staff)

deeluxx3

6 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

Will be interesting to see how the dominoes fall here. If Bill goes and Kraft calls, I think that’s where things could get spicy. Feels like I think that is the scenario where we could see Vrabel gone.

If they offered that first round pick then it's a no-brainer. Otherwise probably not. 

Hoping Belichick walks away from the Pats and they offer us a third...I think most TEN fans would be happy with that. Some will think he is worth more and be upset, a few will think we robbed NE. Given the current situation and state of the organization it would make the most sense. 

If he comes back and we are a 7/8 win team a few more will be on the fire Vrabel side and if we win 9/10 everyone that. wants to keep him will feel vindicated. I have been over him for a year and a half, but it is simply due to his lack of evolution as a HC. If I thought there was any growth as a HC I would be more than happy to give it a year or two...if anything I would say there has been a slight regression, so without a team full of top end players he has reached his potential. If we knock it out of the park and hit home runs on our draft and FA class, he could potentially get us back to the playoffs and maybe win a game or two, but in my opinion so could half of the potential hires we would make. 

Assuming he goes to NE...I know it's a huge assumption...but I wonder who he take with him. I would find it interesting if he made any changes, simply because if he stays we all know we are running it back with the same staff. 

In the end I really want what's best for the Titans way more than I want to be right. So if he stays, here's to hoping I am wrong as can be and we get to the promised land with MV leading the way!!!

Edited by Dr.Doom52

9 minutes ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

Hoping Belichick walks away from the Pats and they offer us a third...I think most TEN fans would be happy with that.

I’ll keep Vrabel if all we get is a 3rd. Insanely dumb trade and I assure you, most would not be happy with that trade.

Edited by ttitansfan4life
  • Like 2

Maybe happy was a poor choice, maybe...could live with? Everyone I know wants him gone so they would all be ecstatic with any pick. Admittedly I don't live in Nashville so my circle of Titan fan friends is pretty small.

No move we make will make "most" fans "happy". Only time will tell if whatever we do is insanely dumb, but if the reports are true, and there is friction or if Vrabel simply wants out I wouldn't keep him at all. If he wants out or to go to NE he will likely force hi way out so they don't have to give up any draft capital at all...giving up any pick would only hurt his new team. 

I'm really stuck. I think Vrabel is good coach. Buts It's a low reward deal with him. He doesn't call plays on either side so he has to rely on coordinators. Problem with this is if he hits on those guys, they're gone after 1 year for head coaching jobs. If he misses we suck.   

2 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

hell no

You wouldn't move up into the top 3 of the draft and pick up a third rounder we don't currently have? What would it take on top of this? 

I'm trying to be realistic and it's just not realistic In my opinion to think New England is gonna trade pick 3 straight up for Vrabel. 

10 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

You wouldn't move up into the top 3 of the draft and pick up a third rounder we don't currently have? What would it take on top of this? 

That move is equivalent to the #26 pick straight up. It would honestly be similar value to what the Broncos gave up for Sean Payton.

But I'd also make them swap 2nds and give us a 6th. Getting MHJ would be huge, or even a trade down a couple spots to #5 with the Giants would be great if Maye fell to #3 or they fell in love with Daniels.

19 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

I'm trying to be realistic and it's just not realistic In my opinion to think New England is gonna trade pick 3 straight up for Vrabel. 

I would not. At 7 we're pretty much guaranteed one of Olu/Alt/Nabers/Odunze. MHJ would be amazing to get, but given the state of our roster, I think we can get a great player at 7. The difference between MHJ and one of those 4 guys, to me, isn't worth giving up Vrabel

A 3rd for Mike Vrabel -- who at his worst is a GOOD nfl head coach -- is as bad of a trade as the AJ trade

Also gotta remember that by trading Vrabel (or firing Vrabel), we enter into the crapshoot that is hiring a head coach. Me, personally...I'm not ready to do that yet. I am a big Vrabel fan admittedly, but IDK how even his staunchest haters could be cool w/ trading him for a 3rd.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

What if Kraft and New England offered pick number 3 and maybe a 3rd rounder for Vrabel and pick 7? 

Giving Levis MHJ and filling a hole in the 3rd round. Damn. Damn Damn Damn.

Do you think they really want to give up draft capital to get Vrabel?

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I’ll keep Vrabel if all we get is a 3rd. Insanely dumb trade and I assure you, most would not be happy with that trade.

I am a vocal Vrabel hater and I would be upset at anything less than a 1st and a slew of 2-4 round picks