The Mike Vrabel thread (+ coaching staff)

deeluxx3

If Vrabel wants out and wants to go to New England, and Belichick giving up GM control(would have to here with Ran anyway) is true, I wouldn't hate the idea of Vrabel for Belichick and a pick, as long as Belichick brings Mayo with him to be the HC when Beli decides to retire, and go from there.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

If Vrabel wants out and wants to go to New England, and Belichick giving up GM control(would have to here with Ran anyway) is true, I wouldn't hate the idea of Vrabel for Belichick and a pick, as long as Belichick brings Mayo with him to be the HC when Beli decides to retire, and go from there.

👀

Ok, maybe this may be a stretch but….Judging by what we’re seeing reported now and how we approached last offseason, I wonder if it’s a case of Vrabel feeling we should be fielding a contender while Ran is ready for rebuild mode. 

Just find the talk about the direction of the future and being on the same page weird.

Just now, TitanSlim said:

Ok, maybe this may be a stretch but….Judging by what we’re seeing reported now and how we approached last offseason, I wonder if it’s a case of Vrabel feeling we should be fielding a contender while Ran is ready for rebuild mode. 

Just find the talk about the direction of the future and being on the same page weird.

what even is the practical difference between those two things right now? either way we just badly need to add talent. do that and hopefully we're able to field a contender.

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Gonna be really anticlimactic when Vrabel returns and just changes the asst. OL coach or adds an offensive analysts. 

lol. as critical as i’ve been of vrabel i’d prefer that to feeling like this team is in disarray at the top

• Like 1

I feel like he's on his way out. The narrative of "Vrabel is meeting w/ the team leaders to discuss a path forward" just doesn't make any sense. What is there even to discuss about a path forward? This team needs to draft well and add talent in the offseason. If leadership liked Vrabel as HC a year ago (given him staying over Robinson), then they have no reason to not like him now. It's not like this team was realistically expected to compete this year.

There's gotta be some political stuff going on internally, and that's the impetus of this versus on-field wins+losses.

The crazy thing is...Vrabel got what he wanted this season. He wanted to run it back again w/ Tanny and Henry and it blew up in our faces. What can he possibly be salty about that wasn't at his own doing?

• Like 1

The one thing I’m thankful for about the AJB trade is that it really seems to have permanently severed any emotional connection I have to the individuals around the team. There was a time not too long ago where I’d be really sad about Derrick leaving. Or Vrabel wanting out. I’m still probably too emotional about the team as a whole, but it’s probably a healthier relationship with complete strangers that I only care about because they’re associated with a sports team I like.

If Vrabel wants out and would rather go through a rebuild with a franchise he still loves rather than a rebuild here, see ya later. I truly don’t think there’s some massive internal conflict beyond Vrabel potentially just loving New England and preferring it to Nashville.

Considering the source, this is almost certainly garbage. But if not, it’s hilarious. Because he’s describing a GM. If you hire someone to have final say above Ran, he’s no longer actually the GM. Or I guess this could also literally just be the owner.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Considering the source, this is almost certainly garbage. But if not, it’s hilarious. Because he’s describing a GM. If you hire someone to have final day above Ran, he’s no longer actually the GM.

this is so stupid that for my sanity i need to believe it's not true lmao

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Considering the source, this is almost certainly garbage. But if not, it’s hilarious. Because he’s describing a GM. If you hire someone to have final day above Ran, he’s no longer actually the GM. Or I guess this could also literally just be the owner.

Maybe I should be a punk and just become a Steelers fan. At least I know what I'm getting. A good ol. average season with the same people for the next decade or two. 

11 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Considering the source, this is almost certainly garbage. But if not, it’s hilarious. Because he’s describing a GM. If you hire someone to have final say above Ran, he’s no longer actually the GM. Or I guess this could also literally just be the owner.

Does Stillman just get off on making up nonsense?

How sad.