The Mike Vrabel thread (+ coaching staff)

deeluxx3

Just now, TitanLegend said:

The Chiefs, even with no receivers and a seemingly slumping offensive line, were 12th in scoring offense heading in to today. Won't count today since Gabbert played(also too lazy to look up how much they scored lol). Not what we've come to expect from the Chiefs obviously, but still decent despite the issues.

We're gonna have 90-100m in cap space in a year that should have a loaded FA WR class and have a relatively premium draft position for a seemingly good o-line draft class. Can we match the skill position talent the 19/20 rosters had? I wouldn't say that, due to needing the o-line to develop together. Can we get some good weapons to pair with DHop and turn to Spears as the #1 back and be good in that regard? Sure. If Levis is what we hope he is, there's potential for a pretty good offense there.

Hopefully Kelly is capable of that turn around too if thats who we stick with.

You didn’t hear nothing he said my guy, you quickly went into the chiefs stats. He said arguably the best QB in the league this yr look pedestrian compared to his best yrs when he had a plethora of weaponry at his disposal. Yes they’re 12 in scoring only because of the greatness of Mahomes. Put Tanny on that team or h3ll I’ll say Dak & that team isn’t 12th in scoring.

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

You didn’t hear nothing he said my guy, you quickly went into the chiefs stats. He said arguably the best QB in the league this yr look pedestrian compared to his best yrs when he had a plethora of weaponry at his disposal. Yes they’re 12 in scoring only because of the greatness of Mahomes. Put Tanny on that team or h3ll I’ll say Dak & that team isn’t 12th in scoring.

Of course Mahomes makes a rather favorable lean in comparison.

But that's paired with the fact that KC went in to the season with only Kelce as a good target and it seems age has hit him a bit.

I don't know that you can get much worse supporting cast wise(weapons, anyway) than what the Chiefs threw out there.

If our plan is to go with an offense that mimics the Chiefs weapons, of course we're going to struggle. But we're not in a position of "you have to balance between elite QB and nothing else on offense". My point is QB matters so much more than anything else that even with nothing to throw to and under a decent bit of pressure, the Chiefs still managed alright. Yes, Mahomes matters in this discussion, but as I'm noting, as far on one end of the extreme as Mahomes is in terms of ability, how bad the Chiefs cast was is on the other end in ability.

We have the money and draft capital to build a good offense and a hopefully good QB in Levis.

8 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

There's very little difference in roster between LaFleur's season(not nearly as good) and Downing's season(much worse) that Art is sandwiched between.

Art's system is one of the best in the league, just needs(like every other system in football, see how much even Kyle Shanahan struggles without a QB) a QB. If Levis is that guy, we'll pretty quickly be back towards the top of the league offensively with Art.

What makes me uncomfortable with Art now is that, he had great talent and just didn't do much with it. I know the QB is the biggest part of all that, but he had chances to choose some good ones and did not. 

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

The final 24ish seconds of the clip. Says it's uncertain if Vrabel will be the HC going forward.

I don't know why, but I just laughed internally. lol

Cause no matter what the choice is, I feel ultimately, it will be the wrong one. lol 

He wants to go to New England, they can send us a couple of second round picks at a minimum. Least he can do after using us a resume builder as he waited for Bill to leave.

Does just feel like there’s too much smoke here.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

He wants to go to New England, they can send us a couple of second round picks at a minimum. Least he can do after using us a resume builder as he waited for Bill to leave.

Does just feel like there’s too much smoke here.

The conversation starts at with an 1st or there is no conversation in my book.  And being realistic, it does seem like an #3 overall pick is a lot.

So if they do their 2nd, and 3rd this year and 1st next year.  Maybe I'll take that. 

Edited by KingTitan

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

if he doesn’t want to be here, get the most we can for him and move on. but it’s hard not to feel like there’s more to the story.

And If it is, I'm more inclined to think he is the problem. 

I mean Ran has shown to be nothing but respectful and easy to work with to the public eye. Unless he just has NOOOOO idea how to be a GM, then what is really the problem?  Ran telling Vrabel, no or actually having a backbone?

Top 10 pick, A young promising QB, Money, autonomy.....what else does Vrable want? 
NFL people love him. The owner loves him? 

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

if he doesn’t want to be here, get the most we can for him and move on. but it’s hard not to feel like there’s more to the story.

If there’s truth to the smoke, it might just simply be a perfect storm of events. We’ve lost/let walk a lot of players that were with him at the start over the last couple years, now it’s the end of the Tannehill/Henry era, two guys he clearly loved, and his potential dream job is opening up for the first time. 

I wouldn’t even be mad if he wants out, though I 1,000% am not just letting him out of his contract. Squeeze every pick you can out of New England along the way. Hopefully they manage to trade Belichick and get some more assets to work with.

• Like 1