Draft Pick Watch 2022 | #15, #16 and TBD Picks

Danger

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

At the time of the trade, the Eagles pick was easily projected to be the higher of those three, given the state of each franchise and the conditionals for the Colts pick. And it still may be the case given the state of the AFC. 

trading back from 6 to 12 picking up a first to take Devonta over Waddle was absolutely the right move. so what are you getting at?

Pitts and Chase were gonna be gone.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

trading back from 6 to 12 picking up a first to take Devonta over Waddle was absolutely the right move. so what are you getting at?

Pitts and Chase were gonna be gone.

I'm not saying it was a wrong move. I say that in 2022 we are trading away one of our 1sts this year for a 2023 1st rounder, it would be better if it is with a team that's projected to finish worse than us. 

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

I'm not saying it was a wrong move. I say that in 2022 we are trading away one of our 1sts this year for a 2023 1st rounder, it would be better if it is with a team that's projected to finish worse than us. 

Because we're not trading it 1 for 1.

Deals like that are trading down into the early-mid 2nd round AND getting a first round pick more often that not. It's robbery from the foolish teams who make those moves.

Because we're not trading it 1 for 1.

Deals like that are trading down into the early-mid 2nd round AND getting a first round pick more often that not. It's robbery from the foolish teams who make those moves.

Yes, but with Howie at the helm, it is better to have a quality over quantity given that he sucks. 

15 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Yes, but with Howie at the helm, it is better to have a quality over quantity given that he sucks. 

That's a bad excuse to not make the proper moves. 

You'd blame him for trading up, "Bcus Howie" and you'd blame him for trading down. Hell you'd blame him for not trading at all either.

That's a bad excuse to not make the proper moves. 

You'd blame him for trading up, "Bcus Howie" and you'd blame him for trading down. Hell you'd blame him for not trading at all either.

Nah, if you see my posts I'm always for trading up with Howie and our history has shown we've had success doing so.

Getting value in trades is one of the things he's good at, evaluating talent definitely not. So in the Eagles case if he's at the helm, I rather get the better talent than shots at the board. I know it goes against typical draft philosophy and on paper it might sound even foolish, but that's where we are at with our "GM".

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Vehemently against using any of the FRP to trade up. That's a sucker move we got MIA with last year. Either use all 3 or trade down with one of them. This team needs young talent everywhere. 

It’s stupid when you move up for a player on the same tier or marginally better like they did. It’s fine if you are getting a clearly better prospect than you could get later.

• Like 1

I'm in the no trade up club, unless it's for a franchise QB.

If you're gonna trade one of the 1sts, trade it for an existing NFL player that is already proven to be good at the pro level. The 20th pick of the draft should get you a pro bowl caliber LB or CB or S or WR in a trade. Give me that over packaging up that 20th pick with another 1st for a guy who might not work out at all (and probably won't, knowing Howie)

Edited by Jeezla

3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I'm in the no trade up club, unless it's for a franchise QB.

If you're gonna trade one of the 1sts, trade it for an existing NFL player that is already proven to be good at the pro level. The 20th pick of the draft should get you a pro bowl caliber LB or CB or S or WR in a trade. Give me that over packaging up that 20th pick with another 1st for a guy who might not work out at all (and probably won't, knowing Howie)

Trading up is fine, but like unless it's for an Elite player and the asking price isn't insane then I ain't about it.

Packaging our 2 firsts, as they sit right now, doesn't get us a substantially better pick than the ones we already have. 

Moving up in the first takes a premium, you don't pay premiums for marginally better prospects.