Week 3 GDT: Bears vs Browns

CBears019

Wow feel bad for Fields. What an embarassing first start for him that was largely in part to the incompetent play calling and execution around him. He didn't play well either but not sure I can blame him too much. Just bad bad bad 

How many more of these pathetic offensive showings do we have to live through.

Nagy is so so bad man it's laughable

• Like 3

I can not stress enough how much this franchise needs Ed Dodds...I have been doing a ton of research into the guy and he is an out and out no nonsense...will not settle for anything less than excellent...aggressive...tough...will rub people up the wrong way if they are not up to his standards bad *** who would change the entire culture of this frankly weak organization.

• Like 4

I really thought our punting was on point today.

My kids have gone back to school this fall, and for some reason they think it's really fun to come home and make my wife (not DLL) and I do "school" where they're the teachers. Apparently this is a common thing for kids when they're in big situations and want to feel a little more in control. My son handed me a 40 page packet of hand written math equations to do as homework for their "school" and man does that sound good right now. Matt Nagy you sonofabitch you made me want to do homework.

• Like 3

There are three positives I can think of from this game

1. This game is reminiscent of trestman /tucker teams where the defense gave up 50+ in multiple weeks and got everyone fired. Instead of the defense it was the offense this time. At the very least this game should put Nagy on the hot seat and/or get him removed from play calling. That will be the best case for Fields longer term

2. Late season Borom and Jenkins could dramatically change our OT situation / OL situation.... Peters and ifedi where both solid or even good until today, where they where both absolutely putrid

3. None of Fields, Montgomery, or (in a distant third) Mooney, where hurt today. They are the entirety of this offense going forward

• Like 1

9 sacks...9!!! 

Pretty sure the Browns were having issues getting to the QB before this game and pretty sure Bears have never ever allowed that many sacks in 1 single game the past 5 years but correct me if I'm wrong.

How does this happen with a mobile QB like Fields? Just unacceptable all around 

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Epyon said:

2. Late season Borom and Jenkins could dramatically change our OT situation / OL situation.... Peters and ifedi where both solid or even good until today, where they where both absolutely putrid

I think another point to focus on is the situation they were put in. Both were set up to fail. Not one person in the form would tell either to go up against Garrett without help all day. That was a major showing of incompetence from Nagy, to the point i believe it was intentionally done. 

• Like 1