Trevor Lawrence is looking like a bad pick for the Jags

notthatbluestuff

3 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

It's never his fault @MookieMonstah. Mac Jones completed 3 TD passes to UDFA WR's yesterday, but #Weapons. Wilkerson was promoted from the practice squad yesterday and legit should have had 3 touchdown catches.

Elevating talent is a lazy narrative though. Almost as lazy as just continually blaming it on weapons and coaching.

How do you think Mac Jones would have done if they had switched teams yesterday?  Put him on the Jaguars and Trevor on the Patriots.  How many points would he have put up on the board?  I think I know how many.

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 5

35 minutes ago, pwny said:

I was just going off what you adamantly yelled at me and others for in the past. But thanks for the clarification, Harper. 👍

It was only a matter of time before he cracked. Everyone knows who he was but he kept his facade up for years lol.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

How do you think Mac Jones would have done if they had switched teams yesterday?  Put him on the Jaguars and Trevor on the Patriots.  How many points would he have put up on the board?  I think I know how many.

just for the one game?

2 hours ago, pwny said:

78n4IpG.jpg
blue is the route that he was supposed to run, red is the route he ran. It forces Mosley to make a decision left or right. If he follows Austin to Austin’s left, it opens up the route he threw to. If Mosley keeps cheating towards the other two options, Austin has free space between Mosley and Williams.

vIF3Ysc.jpg
He should have been roughly where the blue dot is when Lawrence made his decision, not where he is in the red circle. If Mosley’s hips turned out like that, it’s an easy completion to Austin if he throws it to William’s side. If he turns in to cover Austin, it’s a easy completion where Lawrence actually did go. 

Should he have maybe thrown it away there? Sure. But Austin broke the play design and he’s a rookie trying to make a play. This isn’t the type of thing that warrants any concern at all.

I was just going off what you adamantly yelled at me and others for in the past. But thanks for the clarification, Harper. 👍

So you were aware and just wanted to be a prick? Par for the course, I guess.

13 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

So you were aware and just wanted to be a prick? Par for the course, I guess.

13 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

We established this like a year ago. Detective Ruskie on the case. 

Animated GIF

This never ends well...

• Like 3

Jaguars have talented pass catchers in Marvin Jones, DJ Chark and Lavishka Shenault. I get they haven't been good/healthy this year, but if the Jags threw them out each could get 900+ yards on another team if healthy next year.

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 1