Trevor Lawrence is looking like a bad pick for the Jags

notthatbluestuff

I'm with the people calling for the Jags to give Kellen Moore a shot. Give Lawrence the help of one of the creative, young minds in the league. As far as I'm concerned, given the dysfunction he dealt with this year, nothing we've seen out of him this year should be held against him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

Their offense is one of the worst I’ve seen

It is indeed very bad.

James Robinson is good. Marvin Jones is washed. Shenault can’t run a route beyond 10 yards and can’t catch. Treadwell has been solid. Tavon Austin sucks. Jaydon Mickens sucks. The TE’s are meh.

5 drops yesterday, bad throws from Trevor, zero creativity on offense. 

You would think if you had guys struggling to get separation, you would scheme them open, not with this offense. It’s basically go beat your guy 1V1 and nobody can.

Bad rookie QB, bad receivers, average O-Line, bad playcalling.

In our last 8 games, we have only scored more than 14 points, twice. Twice!

2 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

It is indeed very bad.

James Robinson is good. Marvin Jones is washed. Shenault can’t run a route beyond 10 yards and can’t catch. Treadwell has been solid. Tavon Austin sucks. Jaydon Mickens sucks. The TE’s are meh.

5 drops yesterday, bad throws from Trevor, zero creativity on offense. 

You would think if you had guys struggling to get separation, you would scheme them open, not with this offense. It’s basically go beat your guy 1V1 and nobody can.

Bad rookie QB, bad receivers, average O-Line, bad playcalling.

In our last 8 games, we have only scored more than 14 points, twice. Twice!

Seems like every game is just a miserable struggle to score one touchdown. 

4 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

You could say that.

This week a Jets defense that is giving up 32 PPG in their last 8 games, goes up against a Jaguars offense that is averaging 10 PPG in their last 8 games.

2 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

it’s definitely thought sledding when you’re trotting this out at key times throughout the game 

There’s nothing to this offense at all. Legitimately the worst group of skill players I’ve ever seen on a team, particularly given James Robinson hasn’t been used much all year and has been injured down the stretch since we lost other guys.

If this team doesn’t have a top 3 WR group with every single player next year not currently active for this team, it’s a failure of significant proportions. I’ll give a pass for bringing back Chark if it’s alongside a big FA and a 1st-3rd round WR, but the rest of these guys should be fighting for 4th-6th on the depth chart.

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

What would T Law go for in a trade right now? And yes, he's not getting Josh Rosen'd after 1 season, just curious what you think he'd get in a trade. 

Multiple 1sts.  Far too much upside.  I think most teams would still evaluate him as a prospect rather than strictly off his 1 year in Jacksonville.

11 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

I was told they wouldn’t trade him for pre scandal Deshaun Watson LOL

I too like to strip out all the context of a message for a good laugh. Every single Jaguars fan that you would have heard this from said “we’re not bailing out a division rival by gifting them a franchise QB.” The argument was never made that Trevor was assuredly better than Watson, but that giving Trevor to the Texans would make our division that much harder for the next *however long he’s in the league,* and that we wouldn’t be the ones to bail them out. We’d rather have an elite prospect and the Texans have a bunch of lottery picks that they had made bad choices with recently rather than have a sure thing and the Texans have an elite prospect. 

It was further noted that if our team was ever going to be good, it was going to require us to actually be good at evaluating and developing players, so if we built a staff and roster that was unable to make Trevor the player he is supposed to be, trading for Watson would do nothing other than make us a middling team that Watson would ask to be traded from in 2 years.

But go off, my dude.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

I almost never say it's good to give up on a rookie (nor SHOULD they under any circumstances) but Lawrence has been an absolute disaster this year. He has been unusually and disappointingly bad not even taking into account he was the 1st overall pick and hyped up as the next generational QB prospect. 

Lawrence was way overhyped as a prospect but still, it's hard to fault him at all for having a bad year. 
Meyer was possibly the worst coaching hire of all time and his skill position players aren't good. Like at all. 
Still some of the stuff you see on film is concerning, but let's see him with a real NFL coach and some real WRs before passing judgment. 

11 minutes ago, MagicMT said:

Lawrence was way overhyped as a prospect but still, it's hard to fault him at all for having a bad year. 
Meyer was possibly the worst coaching hire of all time and his skill position players aren't good. Like at all. 
Still some of the stuff you see on film is concerning, but let's see him with a real NFL coach and some real WRs before passing judgment. 

I just hope he hasn’t already been ruined. Has he taken a huge amount of hits/sacks? Can Jags fans chime in on that? How’s his protection been?