TNF: JAX @ CIN

Sad People

Who wins?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Bengals
    • Jaguars

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/2021 at 12:30 AM

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Why is it necessarily a competition between the throw and the catch? Both can be great. 

I never said the catch wasn’t fire. I compared it to one of the best catches in super bowl history. I just said that the throw was freaking nasty! Pin point accuracy.

Just now, notthatbluestuff said:

Burrow is smart. 

Love that kid. He stands tall in pocket. And from someone who tore his acl! That’s nuts. No freaking fear. Rooting for the bengals. Y’all are due! Chad Johnson and TJ were amazing to watch! Here’s to 10+ years of the young bengals coming in hot. They got next. 

1 minute ago, El Ramster said:

Love that kid. He stands tall in pocket. And from someone who tore his acl! That’s nuts. No freaking fear. Rooting for the bengals. Y’all are due! Chad Johnson and TJ were amazing to watch! Here’s to 10+ years of the young bengals coming in hot. They got next. 

The Bengals won't get anything while Mahomes, Lamar, and Justin Herbert are in their conference. We're looking at another Peyton/Brady situation with immovable QBs standing in the way of the other contenders for years and years. 

2 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

The Bengals won't get anything while Mahomes, Lamar, and Justin Herbert are in their conference. We're looking at another Peyton/Brady situation with immovable QBs standing in the way of the other contenders for years and years. 

I think Burrow can be just as good. People are sleeping on him imo. He inherited a far worse situation than all those guys and is trying to turn that into a winning franchise. 

He won't completely put it together until next year due to the ACL tear and the Bengals need more pieces but watch out in 2022.

Burrow is special.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I think Burrow can be just as good. People are sleeping on him imo. He inherited a far worse situation than all those guys and is trying to turn that into a winning franchise. 

He won't completely put it together until next year due to the ACL tear and the Bengals need more pieces but watch out in 2022.

Burrow is special.

What other pieces does he need besides OL? He has good skill position players. I do think he will be good if his OL holds up. Should have drafted Sewell…

8 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

What other pieces does he need besides OL? He has good skill position players. I do think he will be good if his OL holds up. Should have drafted Sewell…

OL mainly, also think their DL could use another impact guy or two.

40 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Burrow is special.

I think he easily can be as good, or better, than Lamar and Herbert. Mahomes is another beast altogether.

But, ya, Burrow is special. Enough athleticism and arm strength to get full use of his elite processing and understanding of the game.  

Edited by BroncosFan2010
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I think he easily can be as good, or better, than Lamar and Herbert. Mahomes is another beast altogether.

But, ya, Burrow is special. Enough athleticism and arm strength to get full use of his elite processing and understanding of the game.  

What about Drew Lock tho

47 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I kind of think this is undersold when announcers/analyst are talking about Burrow.  Just watch his head motion when they are showing a replay of a passing play.  In 2-2.5 seconds he's on to read 4 or 5, it's unreal.  There was one completion to Chase where he went through every read and then came back to Chase after Chase was covered on the initial route, and it was only like 3-4 seconds into the play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

OL / DL - trench first.  

Even more - better coaching.   Zac Taylor has been underwhelming.   His 1H plan was atrocious.  1st down dives that led to 2nd and long (stretch plays were the way to go with runs).  Then Taylor deciding to run dives with Perine in the last drive when Mixon left was literally the only way the final drive could stall.  Yet that’s what Taylor called time and again.    And this was a theme last year as well.  

Burrow was great.  The D has been great.  Their skill players on O are terrific.  But make no mistake Taylor is holding them back.  They are winning despite him.   To become a true contender they’d be better off with the next guy upgrading Zac Taylor. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BigTrav said:

Was anyone else annoyed with that playcall at the 1 to run T-Law again, when he was stuffed? Give it to the RB for goodness sake!

Hindsight, yes, but it's a RB's job from that range. They are built for it.

I think it was an option play.  Trevor decided to keep it rather than toss it out to Robinson.  In hindsight, he probably would have been better off giving it to Robinson, like you said, or at least taking it out a little further to the edge.  As it was, he ended up running into the strong point of their D-line. 

2 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

The Bengals don’t win that game last night without Chase.

But to answer your question, he needs more consistent OL play and better coaching.