1. 1. GOTW

• (5-0) #4 Penn State at (5-0) #3 Iowa
    • (4-1) #14 Notre Dame at (3-1) Virginia Tech 7:30 EST ACCN
    • (4-1) #13 Arkansas at (3-1) #17 Ole Miss, Noon EST ESPN
    • (5-0) #6 Oklahoma at (4-1) #21 Texas, Noon EST ABC
    • (5-0) #2 Georgia at (4-1) #18 Auburn, 3:30 PM EST CBS
    • Other

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

We're not going to have a 2-loss conference non-champion make the playoffs.

Especially one that lost to an unranked team.

I'm being entirely facetious when I say we're going to watch them scramble but definitely not that they're going to have two losses. I really do think UGA is the best team in the country right now

Edit: Bama has shown some big weaknesses in back to back weeks

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

Agree with the premise being said about two losses. Otherwise though we all know the committee will pump Texas A&M up into the top 15 even if they have like three losses. So the “unranked” narrative goes away. Typically, Texas A&M’s worth in the SEC is inflating other teams resumes. This year (tonight I guess) they have some value other than that

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Especially one that lost to an unranked team.

I'm being entirely facetious when I say we're going to watch them scramble but definitely not that they're going to have two losses. I really do think UGA is the best team in the country right now

Edit: Bama has shown some big weaknesses in back to back weeks

The only way I think there's even a CHANCE of a 2-loss team is if there's multiple 1-loss conference champions.  If we're operating under the assumption that Georgia beats Alabama in the SEC Championship, Georgia would obviously be in.  You have to imagine a one loss Big 10 team is in as well.  Short of Wake Forest running the table, I think the ACC is out.  The Big 12 still has Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, so assuming one of them wins the championship with no more than 1 loss they're likely in.  The Pac-12 is probably on life support unless Oregon or Arizona State wins out.  But an undefeated Cincinnati likely is in so long as they win out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, biggie. said:

Bama has no business being in the top 4 right after losing to an unranked team and Iowa just beat a top 4 team.

That win from Iowa may as well have been an unranked team, The offense was literally incapable of more or less even getting a first down. Literal incompetence at QB. They were also gift wrapped 4 picks.

Yeah Iowa won, but they looked worse than they have all season by a long shot.

15 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Agreed.  Georgia is clearly #1, Iowa is clearly #2, and then you probably have Cincinnati at 3 and Oklahoma at 4.  I have to imagine that Alabama will be the highest ranked 1 loss team at 5 followed by Ohio State and Oregon.  Penn State could be anywhere between 6 and 9.  The top 10 are in some order Georgia, Iowa, Cincinnati, Oklahoma, Alabama, Ohio State, Oregon, Penn State, Michigan, and Michigan State.

No surprises in the top 10.  Low key kinda surprised that Oregon didn't stay closer to Ohio State.  Figured Penn State would be the 4th one loss team.

1 minute ago, biggie. said:

Clemson loses to an unranked team: drops all the way to 25th.

Bama loses to an unranked team, drops to just 5th.

There are several games of positive evidence for Alabama this year though. We haven’t seen good football play out of Clemson at all this year. 

• Like 2