Week 5 GDT Eagles @ Panthers: Do the kitties clip our wings?

AZ_Eaglesfan

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

It took three INTs and a blocked punt to win the game by three…. You take every win and I hope we can improve from this and get some momentum, but this was an ugly win no matter what you say. 

Painting people as crazy or pessimistic for pointing out the obvious is…. Weird. 

There will be plenty of losses to Debbie Downer about. Imagine not being able to enjoy one of the few wins there will probably be this season 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

3 picks and a blocked punt. and a few nice late game plays by Hurts that @Danger will give him no credit for lol 

Those late game plays were fine, and they're what he should have been doing. 

I'd like to point out that you'll give zero credit to Sirianni for those same plays, and will completely ignore the first 2.5 quarters where Hurts looked like he didn't even belong in the NFL.

• Like 1

Hurts doesn't even have ten starts in the NFL. Let's calm down a little. This was a great win. Football is a team game and Hurts made enough plays to win. The defense was incredible today. Hurts played poorly overall today but you need context for why he didn't look like a world beater this game. 

Just now, Danger said:

Those late game plays were fine, and they're what he should have been doing. 

I'd like to point out that you'll give zero credit to Sirianni for those same plays, and will completely ignore the first 2.5 quarters where Hurts looked like he didn't even belong in the NFL.

I give credit to everyone. I never doubted for a second. Super Bowl baby 

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

There will be plenty of losses to Debbie Downer about. Imagine not being able to enjoy one of the few wins there will probably be this season 

Again I’m enjoying it… we are here to talk football. Should I just lie and scream from the rooftops how we are now winning the division? I’m just pointing out my observations from what I just watched. You can disagree with them, but that doesn’t mean I’m sad we won lol. 

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Should I just lie and scream from the rooftops how we are now winning the division?

You're not like most people here.

I wouldn't say I'm being a debbie downer, but this team didn't look any better than it did the last 3 weeks of the year, in my opinion. When looking forward to the weeks to come, today's result doesn't change my outlook on those games and the remainder of the season.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, aussie_eagle said:

Yeah but a mediocre QB in NFL and Eagles win this game by 2 TD minimum given the 3 picks by Darnold. Hurts is potentially the worst starting QB in the NFL currently

Please stop. Did he for 3 QT"s look like 💩, yes. However the Panthers Defense is actually good. Sirianni play calling isn't helping him either.

Coming into the game. Jalen Hurts is the only QB in NFL history since 1950 to pass for 2,000+ yds and rush for 400+ yds in his first 8 NFL starts.

Think about that for a second before comparing him to the Geno Smiths, Davis Mills and Tua's of the NFL.

Edited by Nabbs4u

To the guys who are b*tching and moaning.. lower the expectations.

We all knew that -

• Tthis was going to be a rebuilding year.
  • Sirianni was a questionable hire.
  • Hurts is more-than-likely a low-end starter type player.

Just enjoy the wins when they come. This isn't going to be a great football team - might as well enjoy the positives. No one likes being around negative people lol

15 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

We all knew that -

Just enjoy the wins when they come. This isn't going to be a great football team - might as well enjoy the positives. No one likes being around negative people lol

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet
The Office Reaction GIF

Season 3 Episode 304 GIF by Rick and Morty

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

We all knew that -

Can you just say what you actually want please? Just say you want blind positivity regardless of reality. I haven’t been some negative basher. I’ve seen like one poster who was being truly unfair with how negative they were. I praise the team when they deserve it and criticize them the same. Just cause expectations are low doesn’t mean you can’t call a spade a spade. 

These posts are honestly so cringe lol. Telling people they are wrong for being objective cause we won is just…. Wow.