Week 5 General Discussion Thread

NYRaider

22 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I hope you're right but we've got a lot of players banged up right now. Might be too much to overcome. Partly depends on how players like Wills, Ward, Newsome, Clowney, Conklin, etc. progress throughout the week.

The Cardinals struggled against the Jaguars and almost lost today to Trey Lance. 

Just now, biggie. said:

Yep, our defense was THAT bad.

Tom Brady begs to differ. I had the Patriots in every single parlay I placed today. Literally couldn't believe it. I have Damien Harris in fantasy as well, when buddy fumbled into the end zone I almost died.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

And he just dotted up the Patriots defense for 300 yards and 3 TD. 

Don't look at stats on this one, Mills was throwing against air and getting big YAC from guys who made the first guy miss.

He looked better than I expected him to look, but he still doesn't look like a future starter. He's destined to be a career backup, his limitations far outweigh his upside.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Don't look at stats on this one, Mills was throwing against air and getting big YAC from guys who made the first guy miss.

He looked better than I expected him to look, but he still doesn't look like a future starter. He's destined to be a career backup, his limitations far outweigh his upside.

Deshaun who? I agree that Mills isn't very good but this was also like his 13th start since HS football.

Guess what?

I know a couple of Cowboys fans somewhere else who are in fact OK with them being removed from the NFC East. So not every Cowboys fan prefers being with the Giants, Eagles, and Washington.

Let's make it happen Goodell.

2 minutes ago, pf9 said:

Guess what?

I know a couple of Cowboys fans somewhere else who are in fact OK with them being removed from the NFC East. So not every Cowboys fan prefers being with the Giants, Eagles, and Washington.

Let's make it happen Goodell.

So, .000000000001%?

Ok, I'm sure that'll get the job done.

For 2 straight weeks - DEN's OL has been manhandled, first by BAL, and then by PIT.   Now their first 3 teams were bad, but this was still eye-opening.

After looking completely like a JV team, HOU put on a display on NE's D.

The Falcons looked like a juggernaut facing the NYJ D (who isn't great, but this is nowhere near what the Falcons have been able to handle).

Why do I bring up these 3 statements?   I'll postulate a hypothesis that explains these 3 events - familiarity with the scheme.

BAL & PIT are VERY familiar with Mike Munchak's blocking scheme - BAL playing them regularly, and PIT of course using it.   If anyone knows where the weak points are, it would be them.

One thing that HOU has - a TON of familiarity with NE's D scheme, even back in BOB's days.  

And the Saleh D scheme is exactly what ATL used in the Shanny era.   So Matt Ryan practiced a lot against that D.  It showed.

Maybe I'm just seeing 3 random events.  But just spitballing.  Also means if that's a big reason for these outlier events from past performance, I'd be careful in saying we'll see the same next week (other than ATL finally figuring out that maybe you should use Kyle Pitts...a lot).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I suspect when we look back at his career, this might be a top 3 game, if not his best game we see on tape.