Week 5 General Discussion Thread

NYRaider

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

The 49ers had a drive today that was 10 plays, 7.5 minutes long that went 18 yards lol

This is what I do in Madden. If you give me the ball back at the middle of the 3rd quarter and I just need a touchdown to win, you’re not getting that football back till the tail end of the game lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Raiders coaching staff said Andre James is playing at a high level 

Ah so what you’re saying is we shouldn’t necessarily judge a QB or the skills players without the context of how the OL is? I completely agree, now apologize for all the Mac slander 😛

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kirill said:

This is what I do in Madden. If you give me the ball back at the middle of the 3rd quarter and I just need a touchdown to win, you’re not getting that football back till the tail end of the game lol

What game is this? Can’t be Madden….where’s the 190lb DB pushing the 340lb Ol into your lap! Or your center just inexplicably ushers a Linebacker through? Or your WR glitches whilst catching and it’s now 4th down?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

What game is this? Can’t be Madden….where’s the 190lb DB pushing the 340lb Ol into your lap! Or your center just inexplicably ushers a Linebacker through? Or your WR glitches whilst catching and it’s now 4th down?

Or you're about to go into the endzone for a TD, but the ball magically teleports to midfield.

Dat Madden innovation, yo...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Cardinals struggled against the Jaguars and almost lost today to Trey Lance. 

Ignoring destroying a SB favorite Rams & 100% Tennessee team cause they struggled against a team they still won by double digits & almost lost a game that they won by 7 against a divisional opponent >>>>>

Edited by ClutchDJ

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Ah so what you’re saying is we shouldn’t necessarily judge a QB or the skills players without the context of how the OL is? I completely agree, now apologize for all the Mac slander 😛

Mac is a beast, I didn't like him at Alabama but he definitely showed that he's a guy against Tampa Bay. All of the other rookie QB's have looked straight shook the majority of this season. Mac stood in the pocket, took some hard hits, and made some nice plays. Went toe to toe with Tom Brady and the moment never looked too big for him. Everyone's down on the Patriots but I actually like your chances to bounce back this year and think you have a legitimate chance at making the playoffs. 

9 hours ago, biggie. said:

He's good, but people are already putting him in the elite tier when he hasn't won anything meaningful.

Imagine thinking wins are a qb stat. 

Tell me you don't know football, without telling me you don't know football.

Talent is talent... team results withstanding. 

I mean i guess Allen and Watson aren't elite. Is Rodgers still elite if he hasn't won anything meaningful in 10 years. What qualifies as meaningful. 

Having the 2nd greatest statistical start to a career in NFL history, isn't overrated and unlike the 1st place guy, he did majority of it as a rookie.

22 minutes ago, ClutchDJ said:

Ignoring destroying a SB favorite Rams & 100% Tennessee team cause they struggled against a team they still won by double digits & almost lost a game that they won by 7 against a divisional opponent >>>>>

The Cardinals are very good and have been the best team in the league so far this season. But it's not like they're unbeatable and the Browns are in a spot where they absolutely have to win while we've seen the Cardinals struggle to close teams out multiple times this year. 

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

Imagine thinking wins are a qb stat. 

Tell me you don't know football, without telling me you don't know football.

Talent is talent... team results withstanding. 

I mean i guess Allen and Watson aren't elite. Is Rodgers still elite if he hasn't won anything meaningful in 10 years. What qualifies as meaningful. 

Having the 2nd greatest statistical start to a career in NFL history, isn't overrated and unlike the 1st place guy, he did majority of it as a rookie.

I think wins/losses should be viewed as a QB stat just not in a vacuum, context is important. As we've seen with basically every elite QB in the league, once they arrive somewhere the team's culture will shift and they start winning games. Herbert is a great example of this, the Chargers have been up and down for years and had some moments as a contender with Rivers. We're in year 2 with Herbert and they already look like a legitimate contender. When Mahomes took over for Smith in year two we saw a similar result. We're seeing the same thing with guys like Kyler, Lamar, and Allen. 

One of the most overlooked aspects of football is leadership. And typically leadership comes from the QB who sets the tone for the rest of the team. When you have a great player at QB other guys seem to fall in line because they believe that they can actually win any given Sunday.