Week 5 General Discussion Thread

NYRaider

45 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

It's a good thing but usually not sustainable. 

Yup that’s the concern. My hope is that things will get better since this is still only Staley’s 5th game as HC and he’ll work out the kinks as the season progresses. There’s signs of that since we haven’t made the same egregious mistakes in penalties or plays that we did earlier in the year ie. the Cowboys game. Even with this being a victory, I hope the coaches and team learn from this because it could have easily been a loss also.

4 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Yup that’s the concern. My hope is that things will get better since this is still only Staley’s 5th game as HC and he’ll work out the kinks as the season progresses. There’s signs of that since we haven’t made the same egregious mistakes in penalties or plays that we did earlier in the year ie. the Cowboys game. Even with this being a victory, I hope the coaches and team learn from this because it could have easily been a loss also.

You guys are in good hands with Staley, IMO. His game management is easily one of the biggest reasons why you guys won.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I'm happy for you guys that you hired Staley. Thought it was arguably the best hiring at the time and it's proven to be the case so far.

Guy has balls of steel to go for it on 4th down early in the game and fairly deep in LA's territory.

Staley was my third choice after Daboll and Saleh. I liked his scheme and how he connected with the players. Never knew he had such big

steel daring GIF by DR

• Like 1