Week 5 General Discussion Thread

NYRaider

Just now, Xenos said:

Tranquil replaced Murray. White has actually done really well in the other spot. Murray has been having a harder time adjusting. Injuries probably didn’t help. As for DT, I think we’re partially banking on Justin Jones coming back. Though you’re probably right about exploring all options. Joseph is a decent NT. But we probably need a better 34 DE than Covington at stopping the run. Same thing with Tillery who is primarily a pass rusher.

Yeah all your DL's are all great at getting after the QB....setting the edge and anchoring the run, not so much. 

Re: Murray, I get it, but if you can have Murray / White / Tranquil, your ILB's will be fresh.  That's massive for how your D runs.    Tranquil was a beast in the 1H, but wore out as the game progressed.    Can't give up 200+ yards and such lopsided TOP like that.

And yeah, BAL is a horrible back to back matchup.   Chargers need to get ahead, and put Lamar in more predictable gamescripts.   At least this will be their 3rd time playing him, so they have a good idea on his unreal in-game speed and change of direction skills.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It cost them the game tbh. We take over on downs after that and ice it up 2 scores since we are already in field goal range. 

Only in the NFL can you rush for 200+, throw for 300+, win the turnover battle, not turn it over, and lose

Looking at it again. Should of been off setting, replay down or no call.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

Looking at it again. Should of been off setting, replay down or no call.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again:

Spot foul interference is awful. That or they need to differentiate between intentional interference and hand checking. A 40 yard bailout call on fourth and long in the fourth quarter is inexcusable.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Spot foul interference is awful. That or they need to differentiate between intentional interference and hand checking. A 40 yard bailout call on fourth and long in the fourth quarter is inexcusable.

I agree. I think it should of been off setting replay 4th down... if anything is gonna be called. Or let them play through physical contact. No consistency. 

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If I was a coach I'd ve pretty aggressive in going deep just to bait a bad call.

Just now, NYRaider said:

You guys will body the Cardinals next week and the hype train will get back on track

I hope you're right but we've got a lot of players banged up right now. Might be too much to overcome. Partly depends on how players like Wills, Ward, Newsome, Clowney, Conklin, etc. progress throughout the week.