College Football Coaching Carousel

Texasmade

34 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I know for a fact that people think American Samoa is a state within the continental US when you ask them what it is.

Wait, are we talking about the Girl Scout cookies?

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Have Volunteers ever considered Les Miles?   Nick Saban was LSU HC so follow the tread.

I think there are a lot of dumb programs for not considering Les Miles. You can't argue with his track record.

56 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

It also ignores the confluence of factors that led to what has allowed Alabama to be Alabama. It's not JUST Saban, it's that Saban has assembled a crack staff of coaches and has over what, 50 some odd graduate assistants and other people associated with the program?

You need to literally hit like 10 grand slams in a row to get to where Bama is now, it's not a feasible nor sustainable nor attainable goal. Tennessee's goal should be getting back to a team that can win 9 games consistently, forget national contention, just contend for the freaking division.

Yep. Tennessee should focus on stabilizing its program before they convince themselves they are on the cusp of greatness.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

I think there are a lot of dumb programs for not considering Les Miles. You can't argue with his track record.

I know I'm by far in the minority, but I keep secretly hoping Taggart bolts for another job and Oregon grabs Les. One can dream right?

Seems like I might be in the minority, but I though Mullen was a real nice hire for Florida.  He was one of my top potential candidates for open jobs.  Has done a very nice job at a college where it is very hard to get good recruits and should get much better recruits at his new job.

And I also thought Schiano would not have been a terrible hire for Tenn.  It's very hard to have any kind of success at Rutgers and he's just about the only guy to ever get much out of their program.  I never really saw them as a prime target for the best candidates.

3 minutes ago, roysmyboy31 said:

Seems like I might be in the minority, but I though Mullen was a real nice hire for Florida.  He was one of my top potential candidates for open jobs.  Has done a very nice job at a college where it is very hard to get good recruits and should get much better recruits at his new job.

In Florida's thread, I explained why I think he may wind up being the best hire of the cycle, once people temper their expectations. 

3 hours ago, VanS said:

I also said Alvin Kamara was the #1 rated RB and the next Marshall Faulk before the draft.

How's that prediction working out so far?

It's working out about as well as everyone that said RG3 was the second coming of Jesus after 11 games. Don't tear something patting yourself on the back this early, or you might find yourself in the same boat as Bob.

I'm interested in the rationalization of Kamara being Marshall Faulk 2.0 after 11 games. Marshall Faulk wasn't even Marshall Faulk after 11 games.

17 minutes ago, cp0k2 said:

It's working out about as well as everyone that said RG3 was the second coming of Jesus after 11 games. Don't tear something patting yourself on the back this early, or you might find yourself in the same boat as Bob.

I'm interested in the rationalization of Kamara being Marshall Faulk 2.0 after 11 games. Marshall Faulk wasn't even Marshall Faulk after 11 games.

conspiracy-keanu-matrix.jpg

46 minutes ago, cp0k2 said:

What I'm hearing here is Kamara > Faulk, and you just can't argue with that

1 hour ago, mse326 said:

People need to learn to think about what the typing/saying. If something hasn't been mentioned before the chances are small that you are just some genius so there is probably a very good reason.

What about me, though? I'm kind of a big deal. I'm a genius. My nickname in high school was Norman, after that Einstein guy.

1 hour ago, roysmyboy31 said:

And I also thought Schiano would not have been a terrible hire for Tenn.  It's very hard to have any kind of success at Rutgers and he's just about the only guy to ever get much out of their program.  I never really saw them as a prime target for the best candidates.

I'm happy with it. Mullen is a proven SEC coach, and he was amazing for us as OC. He knows UF, he should be able to pull a talented HC, and I love the way his teams play. His teams play with the sort of physicality and grit that Muschamp's did, but Mullen isn't a complete moron when it comes to offense (and actually pulls really talented DCs).

I agree that Schiano would have been a solid hire for Tennessee. He would have stabilized that sinking ship.

5 minutes ago, fretgod99 said:

What about me, though? I'm kind of a big deal. I'm a genius. My nickname in high school was Norman, after that Einstein guy.

Quiet, horse lawyer. We all know the genius in the family is me. I was able to count to 10 using my fingers by age . . . hold on a second . . . ten. Yea, I'm ten.

Archived