OBJ Thread

LETSGOBROWNIES

Should we move on?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should we consciously uncouple from OBJ?

• Yes, he’s a bum who can eat my shorts.
    • Yes, he may be great, but it isn’t working out here.
    • No, 3 years is hardly enough time to figure this out. Patience is a virtue.
    • Absolutely not, my Baker -> OBJ -> Super Bowl tattoo will pay off shortly.

31 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

According to this article, that wasn't the case, and Beckham had asked for a trade prior to coming back from surgery.  If so, big miss by the nerds.  They haven't made many mistakes, but this is certainly one!

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/11/browns-to-release-odell-beckham-jr-friday-as-soon-as-the-financial-deal-is-reached-after-steelers-game-was-the-last-straw-for-his-camp-source-says.html

The only thing I can think is they couldn’t find a taker.

Between his salary and coming off an acl, it’s certainly possible.

34 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

According to this article, that wasn't the case, and Beckham had asked for a trade prior to coming back from surgery.  If so, big miss by the nerds.  They haven't made many mistakes, but this is certainly one!

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/11/browns-to-release-odell-beckham-jr-friday-as-soon-as-the-financial-deal-is-reached-after-steelers-game-was-the-last-straw-for-his-camp-source-says.html

The nerds looked at this wrong in this area:

1. They looked at it as selling low (which it was)

when they should have looked at it less linear, and understood what he did in NY and what he'd likely do here, and should have granted him whatever trade they could have gotten. If there were no takers, you actively shop him and get value in return by eating his salary, which we are now doing.

Lock room dynamics and diva status matters.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The nerds looked at this wrong in this area:

1. They looked at it as selling low (which it was)

when they should have looked at it less linear, and understood what he did in NY and what he'd likely do here, and should have granted him whatever trade they could have gotten. If there were no takers, you actively shop him and get value in return by eating his salary, which we are now doing.

Lock room dynamics and diva status matters.

Yeah keeping a player that doesn’t want to be here is never the right answer.

Maybe if someone has an emotional outburst and says some stupid stuff you can ignore it and move on, but if a player genuinely wants out, let them.

• Like 2

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah keeping a player that doesn’t want to be here is never the right answer.

Maybe if someone has an emotional outburst and says some stupid stuff you can ignore it and move on, but if a player genuinely wants out, let them.

So many levels to this:

1. You aren't going to get the production from a player who doesn't want to be here

2. You are setting up a huge locker room issue and distraction, maybe even a huge rift, ESPECIALLY with a young quarterback

3. Other potential NFL players/free agents won't want to be here in the aftermath, and it took us how long exactly to finally become a nice looking destination?

...or:

You come out of this smelling like roses, are the organization that wishes players well and grants them trades, no hard feelings, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGCWUr_NGkA

Ok, 5:02 Mark....Tebow states a Nextgen Stats stat that surprised even me....OBJ ranks 126 out of 154 WRs in the league for getting open this season and is 5th out of our 5 WRs for getting open. I knew he wasn't playing great, but that is worse than I thought.

Explains a lot and really makes the video OBJ's dad posted seem silly. 

Edited by pscottdai
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

We know literally NOTHING about what happened behind the scenes, so I'm gonna hold judgment for now. Also, report came out today that that Saints never made an offer.

There are known knowns and known unknowns.

You are absolutely correct in saying that we don't know what the Saints offered or any team offered.

What we do know is that the Browns didn't have to cut him and could've waited until the offseason. That would've taken a level of organizational leadership and commitment that the Browns weren't willing to invest, but it's likely it would've at least yielded the Browns some sort of draft compensation beyond a 4th rounder due to Beckham's skill, age, previous accomplishments, current film (ups and downs), and the fact that teams would be inheriting a non-guaranteed contract.

It's for that reason (i.e., I think the Browns pissed away at least a 3rd rounder this offseason by sticking it out), that I think that's a bad move by Berry. 

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'd be shocked if someone doesn't claim him.

WOW... if this is true, OBJ is now a Detroit Lion.

Who in the world wouldn't take a vet minimum gamble on OBJ.

That's wild information.

There's no risk or downside.

Also, goes to show just how much OBJ didn't want to be a Brown.

He's not going to have much fun in Detroit with Jared Goff, but it's still a smart business move b/c as his contract is unguaranteed after this year he can ask for more money from the team he's on and force his way out via trade or release again.

I hope he gets somewhere so he can ball out.

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

Sheeesh ... Man... I really hope that's not true.

It seems unimaginable that Andrew Berry and DePo would really fumble the potential acquisition of draft capital of any type like this.

Disappointing. Hopefully it will be a growing pains moment for Andrew Berry.

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

It wasn't worth the gamble.  He had done nothing up to that point.  He was coming off of major surgery.  He said he didn't want to be here.  How is that worth a gamble?  That's just stupidity on the FO part!!!

Again you say he was coming off of major surgery..ok... what team is trading for a WR who is going to cost a lot of money and is coming off of major surgery? Please tell me, what franchise is going to trade for a $15m OBJ coming back from ACL surgery? You want a useless 7th rd pick? Not trading OBJ in the offseason was worth the risk. No one wanted a healthy looking disgruntled OBJ that was worth $8m hence why he wasn’t moved at the deadline and only talks were had

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

@Empire Lies

It is NIGH!

73121206.jpg

You mouth-breathing charlatans have yer pantaloon tingling celebrations ...

giphy.gif

I regret blessing you derps with All22 ... ye fools never deserved the light ...

Detroit Lions game and Baker ballin out ... great-amnesia-ing awaits thee ...

NIGH!!!

5d507e85a51bb1f34b611ac6026dae3a.gif

Time to take my leave .. I shall be rejoining my true all22 analytic minded Browns brethren on the plain of enlightenment ... finally free the derpian herds and amnesia-ing masses guttural non-worsdmithian howls at the leader of men moon.

LiquidVictoriousBasenji-max-1mb.gif

On 9/20/2017 at 5:58 AM, Mind Character said:

200w.gif#77-grid1

Behold!!! The power of our newfound Browns Fan Zen.....Let Go!... and Join us my fellow FF'ers!...The Peace you desire Awaits you!!!

200.gif#6-grid1

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Empire Lies said:

There are known knowns and known unknowns.

You are absolutely correct in saying that we don't know what the Saints offered or any team offered.

What we do know is that the Browns didn't have to cut him and could've waited until the offseason. That would've taken a level of organizational leadership and commitment that the Browns weren't willing to invest, but it's likely it would've at least yielded the Browns some sort of draft compensation beyond a 4th rounder due to Beckham's skill, age, previous accomplishments, current film (ups and downs), and the fact that teams would be inheriting a non-guaranteed contract.

It's for that reason (i.e., I think the Browns pissed away at least a 3rd rounder this offseason by sticking it out), that I think that's a bad move by Berry. 

I think they wanted him gone. So way more went on that we don’t know.  And will never know. 

Let him go and let everyone know the same info.  You don’t want to be here you can leave.  You want to be here we will keep you here. 

• Like 2