TNF GDT: Bucs @ Eagles: Do Birds eat GOATs?

AZ_Eaglesfan

You know there's a philosophical problem when multiple times in a broadcast Troy Aikman is questioning the play calling and actually praising players like Reagor and Sanders for their abilities on the field despite the lack of production. 

Sirianni is a Joke!

Edited by Nabbs4u

6 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

So I know the Bucs defensive line is pretty damn good w Vea and Suh but at what point do we start to really worry about Dickerson? He's been god awful two, maybe three games in a row. 

Probably not until late season if at all. Dude had zero TC and was thrown into games after a speedy ACL recovery. 

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You know there's a philosophical problem when multiple times in a broadcast Troy Aikman is questioning the play calling and actually praising players like Reagor and Sanders for their abilities on the field despite the lack of production. 

Sirianni is a Joke!

Yes because Troy Aikman in the booth is the exact person I want to hear from in terms of evaluating a football team. Maybe he was actually sober on the broadcast last night who knows?

9 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

So I know the Bucs defensive line is pretty damn good w Vea and Suh but at what point do we start to really worry about Dickerson? He's been god awful two, maybe three games in a row. 

Meh. His pass blocking has been serviceable for the most part. His run blocking is straight up bad so far, but it is definitely too early to panic. Playing bad vs the Bucs DL changes nothing. 

13 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Sirianni is a Joke!

The entire organization is a joke.

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Yes because Troy Aikman in the booth is the exact person I want to hear from in terms of evaluating a football team. Maybe he was actually sober on the broadcast last night who knows?

Pretty sure he knows more about NFL football and how to properly move the ball on Offense then any of these Arm Chair GM's/OC on this website. 

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Strong, strong, strong disagree. The majority of HOF QBs/superbowl winning QBs have all been drafted in the first 5 picks. If you include the first 35 picks of the draft the number gets insane. 

We also live in a different era and I’m talking specifically next year. 

Im not going to go through them all now, but that changes over time. Yeah obviously a lot of good ones go high, but even more bad ones do too.

The floor has been raised on QBs, but it’s a crap shoot on wether or not they can develop because of these simple college offenses. Like it’s hard to tell even more so who’s gonna be good and who won’t. 

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Most of this can be said about all players/positions. 

Most players and positions you don’t gamble away multiple years of your franchise away by moving up or just drafting them. You take a bad QB high and you end up pissing away like 4+ years of your franchise away trying to make it work.

All for taking a good prospect, but rn the QBs of 2022 are hard to lock down.

WELP.... Where to start? First off, majorly disappointed in Sirianni. A) Cannot stand his scheme  B) A truly horrific playcaller on all fronts  C) An unwillingness to change and learn from his mistakes so far.

Sirianni abandons the run faster than Pederson and that's saying something. If the Eagles are down two scores, he instantly resorts to the pass every single down even if it's early in the game... He also calls wayyyy too many screens. Nothing is under center but a lot of that probably has to do with our QB which brings me to the next point which is that Hurts ain't it. His arm isn't strong or accurate enough to have a consistent NFL offense being run thru him. If he were more athletic, he could maybe get away with it, but he isn't.

Also, I actually like Gannon. He's done a solid job given the garbage that's been given to him in addition to how crappy the offense is. When your QB and Coach isn't good, you more than likely have a long road ahead. I do not trust in Sirianni or Hurts to turn this around. Lets hope Howie is out before we have to draft this year 

4 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Dickerson’s gotta get in line behind many, many, many other issues before I get to him 

12 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Dickerson’s gotta get in line behind many, many, many other issues before I get to him 

I will continue to make excuses for this guy until he gets a full healthy off season to train and work with Stout and to continue to gel with the OL. I think he has a case of everything is moving fast and I need to make it slow down. 

Edited by oland11
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Hargrave, Cox, Slay, Devonta Smith, Goedert, Kelce, Lane (hope he's ok), BG, Quez Time, Gainwell and even Sanders. Besides them and maybe a player or two I may of forgotten , sure

I was more so talking about the FO/Coaching staff.