The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

IF Rapaport’s rumor is true that McDaniels is out for dinner with Raiders executives tonight before his interview tomorrow, then that sounds pretty ominous.

I mean, we haven’t heard any stories about Jerod Mayo or Todd Bowles getting a meal out of this deal, have we? I guess that maybe these things could have happened and nobody has bothered to leak it to the press, but it does seem like the team are really rolling out the red carpet for this guy.

Edited by Nightmare

16 minutes ago, KlenlyKenny said:

I saw that McDaniels is being favored for the job, we should be finding out soon. 

Once again we are getting a coach before a GM which means the coach is going to hold more power.  Are we not going to learn?  This team is so frustrating with its obvious mistakes.  

27 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Once again we are getting a coach before a GM which means the coach is going to hold more power.  Are we not going to learn?  This team is so frustrating with its obvious mistakes.  

If we are hiring McDaniels then we’re almost certainly going to hire Ziegler as the GM at the same time.

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Well no Daboll. Jim or bust for me now. McDaniels is intriguing… but it’s a super risky hire that my gut says is a wasted 3 years. But unlike Bowles, it is an intriguing hire that has a very high reward payoff if it works out. 

I agree with this. Higher ceiling but lower floor with McDaniels than any of the other non-Harbaugh candidates.

He might just have figured this thing out and bring us a decent level of success. And I don’t think you could say the same for he other retread hires like Bowles. But I also feel like the potential for the sht to hit the fan is far higher with Josh than Bowles. If this goes wrong, it’s really gonna go wrong.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I agree with this. Higher ceiling but lower floor with McDaniels than any of the other non-Harbaugh candidates.

He might just have figured this thing out and bring us a decent level of success. And I don’t think you could say the same for he other retread hires like Bowles. But I also feel like the potential for the sht to hit the fan is far higher with Josh than Bowles. If this goes wrong, it’s really gonna go wrong.

“Boom or Bust” doesn’t apply to coaches very often.. but McDaniels is the very definition of it. He could be just like his Denver stint and completely fail, or become a Top 5 HC. More likely to “bust” though. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

Anyone remember the background on why McDaniels got into it with Cutler and traded him? What's McD mean for Carr?

I think McDaniels actually likes Carr. Smart QB that doesn’t take risks and waits for McDaniels route concepts to open up. 

I’m assuming he hated Cutler because Cutler had the football IQ of an ant. Just had one of the strongest arms ever, but dumb as rocks. 

• Like 1