What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

On 7/19/2024 at 6:50 AM, jetsfan4life51 said:

Couldn’t wait for the Ice Chips episode, whichever was with JLC, to end. So boring and did not care about that. 

I loved that episode. It must hit a lot harder if you've got a manipulative/narcissistic family member in your life.

Finished The Americans again.  I still think it's one of the best shows nobody watched (especially evidenced by its quick exit in Best Show of All Time).  Started House of Cards rewatch with the election process now in full steam ahead mode.

• Like 1

maxresdefault.jpg

Very similar to Ray Donovan except with a much more likable lead (sorry, Ray... you were quite the downer lol).  Colin Farrell is the draw here and he crushes every scene.

Spoiler

Still processing the twist and how out of left field it was.   Sugar hasn't been renewed for a 2nd season which may not bode well for its future.  s2 would open the premise up even more and bolster rewatches of s1 thru the lens of the twist.  Hoping it gets picked up.

Edited by thrILL!

35 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Very similar to Ray Donovan except with a much more likable lead (sorry, Ray... you were quite the downer lol).  Colin Farrell is the draw here and he crushes every scene.

Reveal hidden contents

Still processing the twist and how out of left field it was.   Sugar hasn't been renewed for a 2nd season which may not bode well for its future.  s2 would open the premise up even more and bolster rewatches of s1 thru the lens of the twist.  Hoping it gets picked up.

Considered watching it but I found out the twist beforehand and lost interest lol

14 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Considered watching it but I found out the twist beforehand and lost interest lol

The twist def could have been handled better and it was arguably unnecessary altogether.  But if they wanted to stick to the original premise, they should've delivered the twist by the end of the pilot.    Doubt it gets picked up which is too bad bcuz Farrell was awesome in it.

• Like 1

Not sure you can consider it TV but since so much TV is on the internet whatever....  Easily one of the funniest live comedy nights in the last decade plus, on Kill Tony #672.  It is pretty long 2+ hours but well worth watching if just for Shane Gillis as Donald Trump, killed it!

I am not familiar with Kill Tony but Shane Gillis is legit and for something so long he is extremely good in this as a random comedy commentator.  And looks like this is by far the highest view count that Kill Tony youtube channel has ever got.

On 6/14/2024 at 9:32 PM, THE DUKE said:

Dear Lord Station 19 is horrible 

Fortunately then, it's extremely cancelled.  But personally, i found it kind of hilarious when i'd watch from time to time.  Just for how absurdly far from any semblance of reality it was.  Taking the manufactured drama of Grey's Anatomy and trying to transplant it to an action packed firefighting show...lol.  It's just pure drama.  Overriding any hint of accuracy.

On 6/15/2024 at 8:35 AM, Fresh Prince said:

Was able to find the Librarian movie series, and tv show. Not the best quality, but the premise is exactly what I’m looking for. 

The Librarians is great stuff.  The show especially, is exactly what i love in a quasi scifi/fantasy episodic show.

The good news though, is that there's a spinoff version "The Next Generation" coming at some point.  I think in the fall probably?  I'm pretty excited for it.  Even if rebroots/spinoffs are hard and typically fail to hit the same notes as the original.

On 7/17/2024 at 12:13 PM, thrILL! said:

Apple_TV_Dark_Matter_key_art_main_16_9.j

A cool concept with a few outstanding episodes but wildly inconsistent as a season overall.  

I'm still sticking with the idea that the other Dark Matter show is probably better.  I actually enjoyed that one quite a bit.  The low budget scifi one with the spaceship and wiped memories and stuff.

On 7/17/2024 at 2:13 PM, thrILL! said:

Apple_TV_Dark_Matter_key_art_main_16_9.j

A cool concept with a few outstanding episodes but wildly inconsistent as a season overall.  

Oh damn they made a show about it? Blake Crouch is a really fun writer but idk if his stuff can really translate well to the screen. 

28 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Oh damn they made a show about it? Blake Crouch is a really fun writer but idk if his stuff can really translate well to the screen. 

Crouch is the showrunner, executive producer and he wrote almost every episode fwiw.  

• Like 1

On 7/22/2024 at 6:49 AM, MikeT14 said:

Just finished the 2nd season of Alice in Borderland. I thought the ending was good and they closed it well with a nice tongue-in-cheek opening for a what if? But I have no idea where season 3 would go or why? 

Love Alice in borderland. Agree that I am not sure where season 3 goes though. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Love Alice in borderland. Agree that I am not sure where season 3 goes though. 

I think the source material has more to build off of but I don't see how they can make a third season without retconning the ending of season two. I'd still watch it.

• Like 1