What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

But if Tony did get killed by the sketchy dude sitting at the counter, I wonder if the shooter took out A.J. and Carmela at the same time and that’s why Meadow took forever parking her car, she runs in and isn’t taken out by the shooter, just comes upon what’s left of her family. Very chilling to think about and hopefully wrong. 

15 hours ago, Ty21 said:

But if Tony did get killed by the sketchy dude sitting at the counter, I wonder if the shooter took out A.J. and Carmela at the same time and that’s why Meadow took forever parking her car, she runs in and isn’t taken out by the shooter, just comes upon what’s left of her family. Very chilling to think about and hopefully wrong. 

edited for spoilers...

Spoiler

That dude wasn’t a shooter.   There was nobody left to even make that happen.  And it certainly wouldn’t have happened inside such a crowded restaurant esp after he was spotted.  That would’ve been a sloppy hit for numerous reasons and certainly not anything we had seen to that point. 

Like you said in your previous post, Chase was just building up the tension and paranoia that is inescapable in their world.  Tony may have conquered his enemy but there will always be other enemies (the Feds being the biggest one).

Edited by thrILL!

3 hours ago, thrILL! said:

That dude wasn’t a shooter.   There was nobody left to even make that happen.  And it certainly wouldn’t have happened inside such a crowded restaurant esp after he was spotted.  That would’ve been a sloppy hit for numerous reasons and certainly not anything we had seen to that point. 

Like you said in your previous post, Chase was just building up the tension and paranoia that is inescapable in their world.  Tony may have conquered his enemy but there will always be other enemies (the Feds being the biggest one).

I wonder if being an informant on the guys funding terrorism would’ve helped his sentencing there. 
Tony was at his most vulnerable at that point having lost most of his important capo’s so it could be like blood in the water around sharks. There were several public executions throughout the course of the show. The lupertazzi family and him did come to an agreement on their issues but their world is full of snakes. 

Edited by Ty21

8 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I wonder if being an informant on the guys funding terrorism would’ve helped his sentencing there. 
Tony was at his most vulnerable at that point having lost most of his important capo’s so it could be like blood in the water around sharks. There were several public executions throughout the course of the show. The lupertazzi family and him did come to an agreement on their issues but their world is full of snakes. 

gonna use the spoiler quote just in case.

Spoiler

There were public executions in the show like in that pizza place where Eugene did the hit which he thought would allow him and his family to move to Florida.  Maybe a witness or two but as far as I remember never a crowd like Holsten’s in the finale where the restaurant is packed and Tony & his family are in the middle of it all. The shooter would’ve come in and just dropped him if it were gonna happen. There was no need to slip off to the bathroom on some Godfather nod where a gun was stashed behind the toilet lol. Too many variables in a crowded restaurant when it could’ve been done as soon as he stepped outside.

Edited by thrILL!

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

Just started Curb your enthusiasm. Never seen it before. 

Like many other shows, Curb takes a couple seasons to really find its groove.  Try s2's "The Doll" episode which is one of the best or "Shaq" where Larry accidentally trips and inured Shaquille O'Neal and the ENTIRE city of L.A. turns on Larry lol.  They're back to back eps iirc.  If those don't hook you, none of them likely will.

22 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Like many other shows, Curb takes a couple seasons to really find its groove.  Try s2's "The Doll" episode which is one of the best or "Shaq" where Larry accidentally trips and inured Shaquille O'Neal and the ENTIRE city of L.A. turns on Larry lol.  They're back to back eps iirc.  If those don't hook you, none of them likely will.

Seems like an awkward/uncomfortable  comedic narrative similar to shows I’ve enjoyed like Louie, Crashing, and a few others. Seems up my alley. 

• Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 9:14 PM, THE DUKE said:

I'm about 10 minutes into Squid Game and so far i'm not really pulling for the degenerate gambler

Ok, so he's getting much more sympathetic 1.5 episodes in. I'm glad i'm watching in Korean with English subtitles, the acting in this is phenomenal and a large part of the nuance gets lost in dubbing.

Curb your enthusiasm is good. Larry David is like an antagonist agent of chaos version of Jerry Seinfeld. They have a very similar delivery imo. It’s funny how every single episode it’s him being hated by every character in that episode lol. I grew up in a town of 1300 people but ran into people I knew far less often than he does in each episode with a random character that drives that episode’s plot in a city of millions lol. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Ok, so he's getting much more sympathetic 1.5 episodes in. I'm glad i'm watching in Korean with English subtitles, the acting in this is phenomenal and a large part of the nuance gets lost in dubbing.

Finished it up over the weekend. Really enjoyed it. Don't want to spoil anything for you. The old man and the young girl from North Korea were spectacular.

13 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Colin robinson in what we do in the shadows was designed to be the most annoying character ever but he’s my favorite in the whole show 

Love him so much. I intentionally go around saying "Helllooo" like he does to people at work all the time. 😁

• Like 1